I've decided to build myself an effects pedal (maybe a Fuzz Factory) Which i can then build into my guitar. I have a wiring diagram for an FF but i dont really know how to wire it into the electronics on my guitar. Could i just connects the wires from the Input on the FF to the output on the guitar?

I know that this also means changing the battery cables or something so that when a lead is connected to the new output the battery will come on but when there isnt a lead its off.

How can i do all this?
Thanks! Im not sure i understand though. Im new to building effects and electronics and stuff
get a kit of the pedal you want to build. they come with detailed instructions, customer service, etc.

the diagram i posted is pretty straightforward. study it carefully. what do you not get about it
Well you cnt get FF kits. Plus i want to build it from scratch. I dont really know all of the circuitry symbols and stuff yet so what is the big rectangle in the middle? And the circle at the bottom?
Quote by JohnnyRainbow
Well you cnt get FF kits. Plus i want to build it from scratch. I dont really know all of the circuitry symbols and stuff yet so what is the big rectangle in the middle? And the circle at the bottom?

then get a kit of something else. this post proves that you are not ready for scratch builds yet. in fact, it seems you have quite a way to go.

fuzz face kits are prolific and easy to build. buildyourownclone.com has a crapload of kits of all kinds, from boosters to dirtboxes, wahs, choruses, and loads more.
you should probably start building something easier that has a really easy to understand schematic and to build it out of the guitar first
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
I tried making a Fuzz Factory from scratch as my second build attempt and failed pretty hard. Germaniums are perilous things. As for building things into a guitar... that's pretty fancy stuff, jumping in the deep end will cost a lot of money and probably lead to a lot of disappointment, especially with a FF.
Even if you don't end up using it I would try a simpler circuit in a stomp box first of all. An MXR Distortion+ is a pretty forgiving circuit.
And definitely brush up on yer electronics theory a bit. Even with a kit you will eventually have to figure out something that the instructions or whatever doesn't cover and it'll definitely help to understand what everything's doing.
http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/
There's a good start.
Last edited by Geddiz at Sep 5, 2010,
an LPB-1 booster or silicon fuzzface are probably your best bets. alot less complicated than a D+ and easier to build. like geddiz said, germanium components are harder to work with because they are extremely sensitive to temperature.

putting it in a guiitar would be the easy part. route a space and stick it in, make a cover plate.