I'm looking for a bass that plays fast and that is somewhat versatile. My favorite bands are: Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine. I also like Duff McKagan's tone on Guns N Roses. But also I'm now involved into a project with influences such as Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and The Stone Roses, that's why (I guess) I need some more versatility. I mainly play with a pick BTW.

I was thinking about the Ibanez SR500, but I dunno if it's the right choice... Is it? What else would you recommend?
Ibanez SR series are awesome basses. I have SR-705 and i love it.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Sant_iago_9

I was thinking about the Ibanez SR500, but I dunno if it's the right choice... Is it? What else would you recommend?

A lot of people like them, I despise them personally. Have you considered a 5 string at all? What's your overall budget? Amp you're using? Location?
Well, before I recommend that you buy an Alembic or a Ritter, what is your price range?

Aria has released a signature version of Cliff Burton's SB bass. I suppose it is a must-have for a die-hard Metallica bassist. It is also a very versatile instrument and is supposed to be better than the original on which it is based:

http://www.ariausa.com/basses/sbcb.html

Beyond that, I'd look at Music Man's Stingray (and the less expensive Sterling version) in either four or five string versions. Also look at the various Fender Jazz offerings.

The Ibanez basses are very good. The SR500 is a nice one. I have an SRX 505 that is clearly geared toward hard rock and metal, but it is still one of my favorite five-string basses for a variety of stuff.

EDIT: Just saw your budget and location. I have no idea what brands are available in Peru, and as for price you are probably best served with the offerings by Ibanez, Traben and Schecter - if you can get them, that is.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by Sant_iago_9
So I'm guessing Ibanez is my only choice right?

It's only your only choice if that's the only thing you can get your hands on.

Ibanez and Yamaha make some great basses, and you can use a Fender for just about anything. You really need to go to a store and try them out for yourself.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass