I'm looking for a high gain practice amp, looking for something in the 20w 35w area. wanted to know if you guys had any good ideas. I was looking at the orange Pix 35w, but dont think it would be dark enough.
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
something i can use to pull of modern metal/rock is what im aiming for
used/new doesnt matter.
$250 bucks
philly is my nearest city
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by dogtags99
something i can use to pull of modern metal/rock is what im aiming for
used/new doesnt matter.
$250 bucks
philly is my nearest city

Well, I can't really check craigslist cuz I'm at school right now But I'd check the peavey vypyr series, or save up a little more for the vypyr tube 60, Maybe a Jet city combo? If boosted, those things could get pretty damn brutal.
But with $250 you could definitely find some decent stuff on CL, especially around philly.

But good luck to you
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why that wattage range? That's not loud enough for a band, but rather big for a practice amp, IMO - especially if you already own a small practice amp.

And stay away from the solid state Oranges...

agreed 60watts kinda isnt what im looking for... im looking for a practice amp 15w and more
but i want a decent one. what im looking for is something i can practice with and be able to move to my main rig without there being a huge diffrence in tone

you really dont like the ss oranges? i had a 20w one i thought it was fun. didnt suit my style what so ever but it was fun to play with.
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by forsaknazrael
They're crappy, like any amp company's beginner line.

So this is strictly practice. What's your main rig?

Yeah this would be strictly practice amp, I'm using a B-52
I love it, I can pull off anything with it and I never have had any issues with it.
But I'd like to practice at night and with the B-52 I can't, way to loud even under 1
So I'm looking for a good little amp I can use,most little amps I used are such garbage
I don't even want tto play through them.
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
ever consider something like a Line 6 Pod? You could get an X3 within that budget, and IMO they sound better than all practice amps in that price range, and it could also be used for recording if you are looking to record.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
line 6 really? ive thought about looking into the pod things awhile back, but thought it be a waste. I have to say tho i didnt look into it a whole lot. would i have to get anything along with the pod?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000