Hello good people of UG.

Recently I have noticed that intonation is off on one of my guitars
Here is the bridge that it has.

This guitar was hand-made in the early 80s by my dad and his friend. I love the guitar, but the only thing that I don't like about it is the bridge. As you can tell, it's a wraparound style bridge.

When setting the intonation, some of the strings where sharp on the 12th fret, and so I went on to move the saddles back, only to find out that even with the saddles as far back as they go, the strings where still sharp. So I think it's either a badly designed bridge that dosn't allow enough space to move the saddles, or whoever put the poles onto the guitar, put them very slightly too close to the neck.

So, the only solution was to get some longer screws to replace the current ones, so that they push the bridge further away from the neck, so after searching for some screws that fitted, and cutting them down to size (I only had stupidly long ones), that's what I done, and eventually I managed to set the intonation correctly.

The only trouble is, now I have a very ugly looking and not 100% stable looking bridge on my favourite guitar. Because of this, and also because I don't like this type of wraparound bridge anyway, I've decided that I need a new bridge.

So, I realise that I may have to install two more poles for a tailpeice, but I'm open to any type of hard-tail bridge really. I'd rather stick to a known or respectable brand, and I'd like to keep it under £100.

Any suggestions UG?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the essay and the huge picture, I have no idea how to make it smaller.

Fuzz

X
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Yeah, I said that the poles might have been places incorrectly in the OP.

I don't have any graphics editing software, I'll get an account, didn't realise that they were free, thanks.

One of the screws is bent, that's the screw that I put in today, the intonation is perfect right now though, I just don't wanna keep it like that.

That Schaller is exactly what I need! Thanks alot man, I just need to hope that the it'll fit on the poles that are already on the guitar, because I can't really move them, as there is a vaneer on the guitar. Now to find a UK website selling that bridge.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Glad I could help. Schaller is made in Germany, so they must be available in the U.K.

Good luck with the guitar. From the pics, it looks like a nice one.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Maybe I jumped to a conclusion too quickly there. The space that saddles move in look bigger on the Schaller than they do on my bridge, but I suppose I will never tell unless I compare them in person.

Basically, my only hope is to find a bridge with a very large space that the saddles move back into, otherwise I wont be able to intonate the guitar. I can't move the poles.

Damn.