Hi,

I've just uploaded a new video to youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyMrssKf8NU

Comments would be appreciated, C4C.

Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Just a heads up bumping like that can get you warned.

But anyway, listened to your song. Liked it over all. The vocals were okay, a little low in the mix, but the pitch sounded pretty good. There was a while there that it got a little repetitious leading up to the first solo. Some variation in the vocals could have helped, or an additional melodic guitar part. The first solo was quite good. Very fitting to the song. I especially liked the last section of it. The second solo was was a nice touch though the ending felt like it need some flair. Good work. I enjoyed listening to it and hope to hear more from you.

oh and interesting concept for the video.

C4C Click Here
Quote by WuGuitarist
Just a heads up bumping like that can get you warned.

But anyway, listened to your song. Liked it over all. The vocals were okay, a little low in the mix, but the pitch sounded pretty good. There was a while there that it got a little repetitious leading up to the first solo. Some variation in the vocals could have helped, or an additional melodic guitar part. The first solo was quite good. Very fitting to the song. I especially liked the last section of it. The second solo was was a nice touch though the ending felt like it need some flair. Good work. I enjoyed listening to it and hope to hear more from you.

oh and interesting concept for the video.

C4C Click Here

I hadn't had a reply in over a week so I thought it was fair.

Thanks for the crit.

Will listen and comment on your song now.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
dwally,
Verse melody is OK, but I like the vocal melody during the chorus better. Singing is good. I'm curious if you multi-tracked the vocals or if that is some effect harmonizer gizmo (it definitely helps). It's good this song isn't too repetitious. Video is good. Audio quality & guitar sounds good. Good overall! I'm trying to remember what famous groups came out of Manchester. Was Stone Roses one of them?
You have a good singing voice. I like it. The vocals could be a little louder in the mix though. You got a good guitar tone and your playing was tight. No problems there..

The outro to me seemed a little meh. Like you have the solo going and everything and then it sorta just... ends. To me it seemed like it was building to a satisfying conclusion to the song but kind of disappointed.

It's a pretty good song. You're a great player and singer. Maybe just work on the arrangements a little more. Keep up the good work.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25216786#post25216786
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Quote by aaron aardvark
dwally,
Verse melody is OK, but I like the vocal melody during the chorus better. Singing is good. I'm curious if you multi-tracked the vocals or if that is some effect harmonizer gizmo (it definitely helps). It's good this song isn't too repetitious. Video is good. Audio quality & guitar sounds good. Good overall! I'm trying to remember what famous groups came out of Manchester. Was Stone Roses one of them?

Yep I multitracked the vocals (do that on most of my songs nowadays). I actually recorded the lead vocals 5 times...
No effects used.

Famous bands from Manchester?
Stone Roses, Oasis, 10cc are the main ones that come to mind, but you could always look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Manchester
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by Globocop
You have a good singing voice. I like it. The vocals could be a little louder in the mix though. You got a good guitar tone and your playing was tight. No problems there..

The outro to me seemed a little meh. Like you have the solo going and everything and then it sorta just... ends. To me it seemed like it was building to a satisfying conclusion to the song but kind of disappointed.

It's a pretty good song. You're a great player and singer. Maybe just work on the arrangements a little more. Keep up the good work.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25216786#post25216786

I have a good voice? Thanks. Never really consider myself much of a singer, more of a guitarist/songwriter.
Thanks for the crit.

Have left a comment on your thread.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by Nashag
Listening right now

Verses sound okay, the chorus was really good. Soundwise, it works, the guitar tone is good, and you managed to achieve a good "bass" sound too. Drums might need to be a bit louder, though. Loved the solo, awesome.

Used Amplitube to get the bass sound.

Let me know if you want to look at any of your recordings.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I like your guitar! It's nice to look at.

Anyway. The guitar tone kinds sounds kind of flat, I would make it higher in the mix as well. The drums should be higher and some of the fills are kind of iffy and when they start a few section it's comes in really low, you kind of want a impact from the drums most of the time, it makes the transitions a lot better sounding, the drum sounds were pretty good.

The solo was good, a little messy at places, and the tone is fast as well. The vocals were good, I'm not a big fan of this kind of vocal layering, it makes it seem like you don't trust your own voice. But lots of people do that and it's effect that you were probably trying to get, as it's been said the pre-chorus and chorus has a significantly better sound than the verse melody wise.

But it is really good I'm just nit-picking sorry :p

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404599
Quote by rockfan7
I like your guitar! It's nice to look at.

Anyway. The guitar tone kinds sounds kind of flat, I would make it higher in the mix as well. The drums should be higher and some of the fills are kind of iffy and when they start a few section it's comes in really low, you kind of want a impact from the drums most of the time, it makes the transitions a lot better sounding, the drum sounds were pretty good.

The solo was good, a little messy at places, and the tone is fast as well. The vocals were good, I'm not a big fan of this kind of vocal layering, it makes it seem like you don't trust your own voice. But lots of people do that and it's effect that you were probably trying to get, as it's been said the pre-chorus and chorus has a significantly better sound than the verse melody wise.

But it is really good I'm just nit-picking sorry :p

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404599

Thanks for the comments
What do you mean by "the tone is fast"?

Have left a reply on your thread.

Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Nice, I really like the vocal melody of the chorus, verses were good too. Like someone else said, maybe do something about the ending, after the solo is over in it, it just kind of sounds boring, I would maybe keep the chorus and solo going and fade it out or something, but thats just me. I like the drums, the guitar rhythm tone was good as well. I'm not really a fan of the solo tone, it sounded very flat and boring to me. Maybe add some reverb/delay or a flanger or something, a little more gain or something like that? All in all I enjoyed the song, it had a lot of good points in it. Would you mind checking out my bands new song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406113
Last edited by thetoastinator at Jan 27, 2011,
Quote by thetoastinator
Nice, I really like the vocal melody of the chorus, verses were good too. Like someone else said, maybe do something about the ending, after the solo is over in it, it just kind of sounds boring, I would maybe keep the chorus and solo going and fade it out or something, but thats just me. I like the drums, the guitar rhythm tone was good as well. I'm not really a fan of the solo tone, it sounded very flat and boring to me. Maybe add some reverb/delay or a flanger or something, a little more gain or something like that? All in all I enjoyed the song, it had a lot of good points in it. Would you mind checking out my bands new song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406113

Thanks for the comments.

Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Nice song. You have a really good singing voice, and the vocals overall were great except they could stand to be just a tiny bit louder in the mix. Overall though It was a really good quality recording/mix and the song was catchy. What kind of guitar is that? I don't think I've ever seen one exactly like that, and I like the sound. The only thing I might do is add something else to the ending, like an extra guitar harmony or something. The first solo was really cool. Good song.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404941
Quote by Wattsbo
Nice song. You have a really good singing voice, and the vocals overall were great except they could stand to be just a tiny bit louder in the mix. Overall though It was a really good quality recording/mix and the song was catchy. What kind of guitar is that? I don't think I've ever seen one exactly like that, and I like the sound. The only thing I might do is add something else to the ending, like an extra guitar harmony or something. The first solo was really cool. Good song.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404941

Thanks for the comments.
The guitar is an Italia Maranello through a Sound City 20 Watt valve amp

Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby