I want some new tubes for my Blackstar HT-5 head. The ones it came with aren't very good apparently (cheap 12BH7 and pre amp: ECC83). Apparently the HT-5 has a 'Self biasing' system so I think I can use anything, not sure though. I want to know what tubes are best for metal sounds, mainly Metallica and Iron maiden. I usually play it with the volume at about 12 o'clock or more. Any suggestions? This may be a very VERY stupid question to ask but I don't know much about amps!

Thanks alot
Have a look in the HT5 thread, Theres gonna be a lot of reading to do but theres shit loads of tube swapping gone on in there
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The gold pin JJ's are really good....
Ah right I will check the JJ's out. What about power tubes any suggestions? Remember I nee them for a good Metal sound
EHX makes a good 12BH7 but if you want a really nice power tube go find a RCA 12BH7 or a Sylvania 12BH7. They are probably the best sounding and most musical but if you want something quick and cheap EHX will be alright. For tubes get a Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+. Very high gain tube with a very low noise floor, this tube will give a bit more gain out than other tubes.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X