Page 1 of 2
I think it is a nice engaging act, but I don't like it if they do it too much or for a key part of the song that only happens once. After all, I'm there for the artist (most likely).

What do you guys think?
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
i love it i like to participate with my favorite artists
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
I think its cool when they have the audience sing a refrain from the chorus or something.

As you said, its very engaging and the more you interact with your audience the better.
I like performers to acknowledge that they are performing for an audience and not just playing songs on stage.

If they do that through singalong moments, then great.
Sometimes it kind of ruins the song and sometimes the crowd will barely sing. It has a time and place.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'd rather hear the artist sing, but it's cool for the audience to join in.
Springsteen has the crowd sing the first verse of "Thunder Road". It's amazing.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Real fans sing along even when not invited.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's cool, but it also tends to happen when the singer can't hit a note so he/she let's his/her audience hit it instead.

There was one time where this douchebag decided it would be super cool to do a mic grab and scream stupid incoherent noises into it on the best part of the only song I wanted to hear from that band
Its good when your there but if you watch live footage one youtube its the last thing you want to see/hear!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Depends on the band. I went to see Def Leppard in concert and this happened, and seemed to work well. But I can't imagine it happening at a Rush concert.
If it's a whole chorus or verse, not cool. But parts here and there are awesome live.

A good example was at the Uproar Festival. David Draiman from Disturbed almost never does it, even when it's clear that the entire crowd is singing every note of every song. In comparison, when Avenged Sevenfold did Nightmare, Shadows stopped and let us yell to him "It's your f*cking nightmare!" It was much more awesome.
Gear

Guitar
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Ibanez RG370DX
BC Rich Warlock SE
BC Rich Warlock NJ Series (Kahler trem)
BC Rich Mockingbird Acrylic Ice Series
BC Rich Mockingbird Spiro Light
Line6 Bogner 1X12 Tube Amp
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Depends on the band.

Most bands I'm cool with but when it comes to more different bands.
I can't Imagine it happening with Tool.
I like it, especially at operas.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If the crowd will actually sing it, yes. I've seen shows where the singer keeps asking the crowd to sing, but they stay silent repeatedly. When I went to Mayhem Festival, the crowd was amazing and was singing Rob Zombie's songs anyway, and they were SCREAMING Bark at the Moon when Shadows Fall covered it, it made for an AMAZING concert experience.
Kinda gay when you're totally into a song and screaming the words when everyone around you is giving you awkward looks
Last edited by RPGoof at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Depends on the band. I went to see Def Leppard in concert and this happened, and seemed to work well. But I can't imagine it happening at a Rush concert.

What about when the crowd sang YYZ?

OT: Yes I like it at times, but it becomes annoying if their singing drowns out the singer, sometimes that is.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Kensai
I like it, especially at operas.

It ain't over until the fat lady in row 14 sings.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
You guys are no fun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Wow I'm surprised a lot of people don't like that. I think it's awesome.
If you're recording a live album don't do it. I love the S&M version of Master of Puppets, except for when he stops and lets the barely audible audience sing.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by rock.freak667
What about when the crowd sang YYZ?

Wasnt that in Rio? I saw it on youtube, thats some real dedication there, when fans have an instrumental memorised, haha.

I think it has its time and place, and only certain people can pull it off. Best example I've seen, is watching videos of Queen, Freddie Mercury did that like nobody else; you could tell the audience was right in the palm of his hand.

When it fails though, it looks really stupid. You have to make sure you'll get a response, or it looks really lame.
I think it's fine tbh, as long as it isn't like, my favourite part of the song in which case I rage.

However I fucking hate it when I'm watching/listening to a live DVD or video where the crowd isn't actually in the mix.
Yeah and no. Sentenced had crowd singing well on their last gig, I loved it. I hate it when I see a gig and the crowd stays silent,that's kinda lame I think.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Stud_Muffin
Wasnt that in Rio? I saw it on youtube, thats some real dedication there, when fans have an instrumental memorised, haha.

Yep, it was quite spectacular to hear.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by CoreysMonster
NO.

there's a reason the singer of a band is on stage and not the drunken idiots in the crowd.

This is logical unless its Axl Rose on stage.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Im not a massive fan of it, i mean it works for some songs, but on the whole i'd prefer it not to happen.

I'd rather they 'interact with the crowd' by being ****ing awesome as opposed to OMG IMA SINGING WHEN MILEY CYRUS ISNT! !
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I absolutely love it when the band lets them sing, I think it can sound freaking ammaaaazziiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg !!!

When I went to see Paramore there are parts in the song which on the album has ''people'' singing so the crowd was singing those bits and it sounded soooo cool

Also I have to disagree about watching back on youtube, I was watching Killswitch live dvd and when Howard lets the crowd sing you know its cos he wants to and not because he can't sing !!

ALSO check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4Au-5hoYk it sounds sooo beautiful in my opinion
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Quote by Beefyfrog
I absolutely love it when the band lets them sing, I think it can sound freaking ammaaaazziiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg !!!

When I went to see Paramore there are parts in the song which on the album has ''people'' singing so the crowd was singing those bits and it sounded soooo cool

Also I have to disagree about watching back on youtube, I was watching Killswitch live dvd and when Howard lets the crowd sing you know its cos he wants to and not because he can't sing !!

ALSO check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4Au-5hoYk it sounds sooo beautiful in my opinion

Me and Corey's point has been made
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Is it sad that at a Seth Lakeman concert I was using the crowd's clapping as a metronome to work out the time sigs for a song?

And I sing along even when I'm not supposed to. Unless it was a Rush concert then I would let Geddy do his job.
Quote by Anthony1991

Ok maybe shouldn't of said about Paramore... lol

but watch the link and also, Killswitch Engage live sounds amazing when howard does it
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Quote by Anthony1991
Your point being that you hate having fun and hate when other people have fun?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2