im looking for a first electric guitar(ive rented one for 6 months and now i know ill continue to play and can invest in a nice guitar)
ive tested pretty much anything, and my options are:
washburn wi66pro- everything looks good, the frets are a bit too big but its a minor problem, it generally feels good
epiphone tribute les paul- i dont like the neck profile that much, if it felt good id buy this one
fender mexican hss strat- i like the neck but hate pretty much everything else

so.... what do you think i should do?
and what do you think about the washburn company? do they make quality guitars?
they arent as widespread as other guitars so its harder to find information about them

thanks for the help
Washburn guitars have been around since 1883... Yeah really !
They're pretty good and awesome guitars, nice quality/price ratio
And frankly good guitars out there are not all Fender, Gibson, ESP and ... and just like any other brand, they make both low and high end guitars, it depends on the price and the series

The Wi66 pro has coil tapping ( don't know for sure about the other 2 ), 2 seymour duncan pickups, voice contour controls...

If I were you, I'd go do a little comparison between the Hss strat and the wi66pro and try them both. But this point, it's probably a matter of personal preference, and your music style. Like I said, try them both at a guitar shop, and walk out with the one that felt good to you
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
If you're just starting out (Unless you've got a ton of money) you're going to have a pretty crappy amp. Having said this, sound isn't all that important, really.

Get the guitar that feels the most comfortable in your hands and that you know you'll be able to learn on WITH COMFORT! If you learn bad technique right off the bat, it'll be tough as hell to relearn it later with all your tendencies already set in.

If the strat feels best, go with the strat. This next part's going to sound a bit bias because I'm such a Fender fan, but I tend to find that people who play Stratocasters for an extended time really develop their own defined sound. This is true for all guitars, but not as prevalant as the Stratocaster. It's got a certain soul to it that, y'know?

Unbiasly, whatever feels best and you know isn't going to cause the most hand cramps down the line.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
If you're just starting out (Unless you've got a ton of money) you're going to have a pretty crappy amp. Having said this, sound isn't all that important, really.

Get the guitar that feels the most comfortable in your hands and that you know you'll be able to learn on WITH COMFORT! If you learn bad technique right off the bat, it'll be tough as hell to relearn it later with all your tendencies already set in.

If the strat feels best, go with the strat. This next part's going to sound a bit bias because I'm such a Fender fan, but I tend to find that people who play Stratocasters for an extended time really develop their own defined sound. This is true for all guitars, but not as prevalant as the Stratocaster. It's got a certain soul to it that, y'know?

Unbiasly, whatever feels best and you know isn't going to cause the most hand cramps down the line.

actually i already decided which amp im going to buy- the engl gigmaster combo and it will sound awesome
The neck is everything so that should be your first guide. If you don't like the Epiphone neck then you should no longer be considering it. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for in a guitar as you're a bit vague at the moment but you may want to consider a PRS from their SE range. They are astonishingly well made guitars for the money and highly versatile.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1