Besides guitar and bass that is.

Seriously, what would you call show-off violin or drum playing? Or on any other instrument for that matter? Fingerboard-wanking makes no sense....
Quote by CoreysMonster
It's called Paganini.

You shut your mouth.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CoreysMonster
It's called Paganini.
Yeah, true.

Also, only Paganini would sit there, in a prison cell and with a violin with only one string, and write a freaking good symphony. The dude was crazy. Good but crazy.

Edit: Despite the relevancy of sandwiches, I find this to actually be relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblB2-y23Dc&feature=related. I hope you can stand all the bloody high notes. He barely seems aware of the existance of the side of the neck by the scroll, on these two pieces anyway...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Sandwiches are completely irrelevant.

sandwiches... are... ALWAYS... relevant
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Besides guitar and bass that is.

Seriously, what would you call show-off violin or drum playing? Or on any other instrument for that matter? Fingerboard-wanking makes no sense....
Applying the term wank to music is for people who don't have the vocabulary necessary to describe something they dislike with panache and style.

Over-indulgent? Unnecessary? Pedantic? Grandiose? Ostentatious? Apply any of those words to "soloing/playing" or anything else correlating to the performance of an instrument and that's all you need really.
Quote by Steve08
Applying the term wank to music is for people who don't have the vocabulary necessary to describe something they dislike with panache and style.

Over-indulgent? Unnecessary? Pedantic? Grandiose? Ostentatious? Apply any of those words to "soloing/playing" or anything else correlating to the performance of an instrument and that's all you need really.

Look at all this word wank.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Look at all this word wank.

An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, true.

Also, only Paganini would sit there, in a prison cell and with a violin with only one string, and write a freaking good symphony. The dude was crazy. Good but crazy.

Edit: Despite the relevancy of sandwiches, I find this to actually be relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblB2-y23Dc&feature=related. I hope you can stand all the bloody high notes. He barely seems aware of the existance of the side of the neck by the scroll, on these two pieces anyway...

good lord, paganini is like the equivalent of a kid with ADD hyped up on exstacy, speed and 20 cups of coffee destroying the shit out of a violin.

I mean, his pieces are unbeliveably hard to play, but he's the classical equivalent of rusty cooley; nothing but mindless shredding.
Quote by CoreysMonster
good lord, paganini is like the equivalent of a kid with ADD hyped up on exstacy, speed and 20 cups of coffee destroying the shit out of a violin.

I mean, his pieces are unbeliveably hard to play, but he's the classical equivalent of rusty cooley; nothing but mindless shredding.

Yeah, definitely. Even his "slower" pieces are like Malmsteen trying to take a 3second shit.
Malmsteen: "1, 2, 3! Bam -- 600 notes."
Everyone else: "Dude, wtf?"

Paganini: "1, 2, 3! Bam -- 1,000 notes."
Everyone else: "Bloody hell! What's that wanker doing?"
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah, definitely. Even his "slower" pieces are like Malmsteen trying to take a 3second shit.
Malmsteen: "1, 2, 3! Bam -- 600 notes."
Everyone else: "Dude, wtf?"

Paganini: "1, 2, 3! Bam -- 1,000 notes."
Everyone else: "Bloody hell! What's that wanker doing?"

Thank you for making me laugh...