Probably you need to adjust the heigt of the string, which can be done with the very small screws at the bridge, on the thing that holds the string. Another possibility is that your neck has changed it's shape, you can correct that using the truss rod, but I strongly advice you that you can ruin you're guitar if you don't know what you are doing.
Quote by rolandgunner
Another possibility is that your neck has changed it's shape, you can correct that using the truss rod, but I strongly advice you that you can ruin you're guitar if you don't know what you are doing.

So many people on here say this, and its just not true. I'm betting almost all the people who say it have never even touched their truss rod before.
Now I'm not saying you should just go mess with your truss rod without actually understanding what it does and how you should be setting the neck relief, and I know a lot of people aren't confident messing with their own guitars, but to actually do any kind of damage by adjusting the truss rod you would need to be completely brain dead, and even then you'd still be lucky to do any real damage.

TS, its likely you just need to raise the action, but if you don't want to raise it, you may need a little more relief. There are quite a few guides on roughly where you should set it and how to check, the setup sticky in the EG forum is good. If you don't want to do it yourself, take it to your local guitar store and get a setup.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 9, 2010,
^
I agree. It's not hard to adjust. There are some good video's on youtube about it.
is it just the first fret, or are you getting any buzzing on the open strings? may be a nut issue
Since the fret buzz is occurring so close to the first fret, I think the problem might be that your string is too high and is not seated correctly. You might have to loweer the string down a bit.

ron666
measure the neck relief.

Neck Relief:
Adjusting your neck
This is not action adjustment. That's done at the bridge.
A neck adjustment usually helps when a bridge adjustment can't get the the job done like: strings not low enough, or if you have fretbuzz that doesn't go away.

Please do not turn your truss rod without posting first. But here's a good way to see if you might need a neck adjustment.

with a balanced bridge...
fret the Low E on the first fret.
then - at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet. ~19th fret.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

If the string lays on the fret wire there, you probably do not have enough neck bend.
If the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you probably have too much.

ideally, see if a thin-medium pick fits in the middle gap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011