Page 1 of 3
Hello,
This may be a stupid question, but how do you become a member of the UG Team? I don't mean as a programmer or anything, I mean when you see a user that has the banner with a star above their user avatar, that says "UG Team". Is the only way to apply for the position they are looking for in the "Job Opportunity" section, or are there other ways? I'm just wondering...thanks to whoever can answer this question for me .
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Have to be a CC, mod, S-mod, admin, programmer etc.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
either become a writer/columnist/reviewer for UG via the "jobs" link, or become a mod. The former you can do with enough skill, the latter you can only get by chance.
You get a vision in your sleep and then awaken in a world made of clouds, step through the golden gates and are them deemed to be worthy of Mod status by The Almighty himself before being transported back to the world to bring joy and peace and banhammerpwnage to an otherwise unhappy, violent and un-banhammered world.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
As has been said either get a job with the Russians or luck out and get hand picked to run the forums, your chance has just gone down for even asking you know!
Quote by JackalUK
As has been said either get a job with the Russians or luck out and get hand picked to run the forums, your chance has just gone down for even asking you know!

I would never want to be a mod, the amount of shit you guys have to put up with is incredible.

but good luck being a writer, ts!
Quote by JackalUK

I've never understood this.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

One of the criteria for being a mod is not actually wanting to be a mod.

If you ask to be a mod, it means you want to be a mod.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

it discourages people from asking.

Although to my knowledge, asking how to be a mod is fine. Asking outright to be a mod is the no-no.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Although to my knowledge, asking how to be a mod is fine. Asking outright to be a mod is the no-no.

Ah okay, makes sense. I could see a flood of messages happening in that case. Thanks
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Mods are chosen because the current team feel that through the user's normal usage of the forums, that they are capable and responsible enough to look after the forums, based out of what is realistically care. Meaning that they are in it for the forums benefit, not their own.

Asking to be a mod, more often than not, would lead one to believe that the person wants to be a mod for the "fame"

At least, that would be my understanding
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Sep 3, 2010,
Just don't ask if you want to be a mod, I think you manage to ask an interesting question though. I have been thinking of making a UG office in the US...but I doubt Zappp would approve of it. I mean it would be nice if they did again.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by JackalUK
Alternatively you can pay £50,000

I'll give you £5 and some hubba bubba
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Mods are chosen because the current team feel that through the user's normal usage of the forums, that they are capable and responsible enough to look after the forums, based out of what is realistically care. Meaning that they are in it for the forums benefit, not their own.

Asking to be a mod, more often than not, would lead one to believe that the person wants to be a mod for the "fame"

At least, that would be my understanding

That's a good point too, I get it now
Quote by lolmnt
Only Carmel does that, it's got a wicked stereo system

Also, is that Jorn Lande in your avvy?
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
The people who most want power are also the people least suited to having power.

Also, it means the mod team dont have to face a constant tidal wave of PMs from people asking to be a mod. But mostly it's the first thing.
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by nightraven
you don't have what it takes to be purple

Didn't you used to be green?

>_>

Just sayin'
Quote by nightraven

I drank purple drank
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by nightraven

Well then i'll have to take this to a tribunal of some kind.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

In that case can I be a mod?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
What I've always wondered is are all mods good kids? Or are there any reformed troublemakers?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
All walks of life, from each side of the railroad tracks and from under several types of bridge.
Quote by Assid Rane
What I've always wondered is are all mods good kids? Or are there any reformed troublemakers?

I once hacked the entire forum, changed everyones username to Girls Of the Playboy Mansion, and deleted all the forums bar the "other" subforum.

But now i use my powers for good.
No alley lurkers? How undiverse!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quote by Assid Rane
No alley lurkers? How undiverse!

i'm from New Jersey, does that count?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i'm from New Jersey, does that count?

Nope, that's the abandoned brothel of the US
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quote by JackalUK

Or successfully navigate your way through the World Cup brackets.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Which I came damn close to doing, and only lost because I didn't check in in time >.>

You would be a terrible mod anyway.
Quote by lolmnt
Page 1 of 3