So I'm moving out of the country next May and I want to sell my car before then. I want to have my car as long as possible because it makes life infinitely more convenient for me but I also don't want to try selling it too late and not be able to sell it by May.

So for those of you that have had experiences selling a car, how long did it take you? Of course it's different for everyone but I just want to see if I can calculate some kind of average selling time.
You might want to post more details--- make, model, year... are you selling a $500 clunker? Or a new car that you still owe more than it is worth?

My wife and I both sold our cars before moving abroad. We had a loaner car lined up in advance, which made life much easier. As you state, you cannot control exactly when you will sell it.

We sold both cars on cars.com or something like that. It took about two weeks to close both sales. Of course, both were priced to sell.
Yeah craigslist. Make sure you're thorough, people appreciate the honesty. Like tell em the submodel, engine, transmission, etc...

But honestly, that sounds a little high for a late 90s Camry.
you could list it in like late March early april or whatever, and if it sells early, borrow a car, or buy a really crappy old one to keep you going
Quote by CaptDin
Yeah craigslist. Make sure you're thorough, people appreciate the honesty. Like tell em the submodel, engine, transmission, etc...

But honestly, that sounds a little high for a late 90s Camry.

Most 98 camrys I've seen online are around that price range. If I can't sell it at that price I'll just gradually lower it.