Page 1 of 2
whats your opinion on the disney channel? is it corporate naziism?good for kids to watch? or a bunch of idiots whoring themselves out for massive amounts of money?
Corporate brainwashing.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
I used to love it when I was younger. They had awesome shows. Now it seems stupid, but I'm assuming younger kids see the newer stuff in the same way I did when I was younger.
Quote by Alkaline 64
It's just kids television. No ones forcing people to watch it.

JUST kids television? Kids watch alot of TV, they grow up now with Hannah Montana and crap like that, I wouldnt want my kid to walk around thinking Disney is standard for who to be.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
The brave little toaster ruined my childhood.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Well, seeing as I'm the kind of guy who, when my kids ask for cable, will probably tell them to go outside and play, I really will never get cable or satellite. Since I'm that guy, I will never have to worry about whether the shows on the Disney channel are what I want my kids watching or not.

As for Disney channel itself, it was good ten years ago. Now...*makes the sound of an airplane crashing and exploding* Of course, ten years ago, Disney wasn't aiming to make a whole bunch of child stars...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 3, 2010,
My parents never let me watch that shit when I was young and i'm glad

Half those girls now are wanting boob jobs and take slutty pictures of themselves and post it on the internet

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Of course, ten years ago, Disney wasn't aiming to make a whole bunch of child stars...

THIS IS IT
Last edited by fancypants1 at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by daytripper75
Disney has been making child stars for years. This is nothing new.
Hence why I said 10 years ago.

And, yes, you can count some others before that. But today, every damn show on the Disney channel is aimed at making a new child star. 10 years ago, it was just fun cartoons and kid-friendly sitcoms. Well, maybe that was more than 10 years ago.
Quote by fancypants1

Half those girls now are wanting boob jobs and take slutty pictures of themselves and post it on the internet

THIS IS IT

Nothing wrong with that
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

I really liked it when I was little, but now it seems kinda stupid. I can see how kids would be attracted to this stuff though, with the amount of it that deals with stuff in mainstream media. Dunno if that really makes sense

When I was a little kid, you would walk into a disney shop and see the Mickey Mouse, the Lion King, Robin Hood, Toy Story, all those classics.

It kinda makes me feel sick that if you walk in there now it is full of High School Musical and Hannah Montana
Last edited by Hakoon1 at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by fancypants1

THIS IS IT

thats becuase they have acces to the internet in a young age,no becuase the TV shows
Quote by fancypants1
Haven't you guys noticed every damn chick has released a shitty vocal album?

Maybe it's because most of us don't listen to shitty vocal albums. Or commercial radio for that matter.

Shows that the majority of the populace want to watch get aired. Kids want to watch this stuff, so it is aired.

I don't really see the point in having some sort of vendetta, seeing that you could...err...perhaps, just not watch it?

Quote by fancypants1
Haven't you guys noticed every damn chick has released a shitty vocal album?

So what?
It's just some kids trying to earn money and fame from the out of touch writers who actually think that the Disney channel is what kids actually want to watch. So I don't really blame anyone. The writers think that they're doing a good job, the kid actors are doing what they're told, the higher people are just making it all possible.
The problem is that the viewing kids are still watching it. All the shows just seem to dumb to watch.
COLOURS
What's your fav colour? (Color if you don't use the U)

Twas a good show, my sister is buying the DVDs now and we both watch it a lot .

Anyways, Disney has gone to shit lately. It used to be great. Now, it just sucks.
Quote by luke-kelly-777
It's just some kids trying to earn money and fame from the out of touch writers who actually think that the Disney channel is what kids actually want to watch. So I don't really blame anyone. The writers think that they're doing a good job, the kid actors are doing what they're told, the higher people are just making it all possible.
The problem is that the viewing kids are still watching it. All the shows just seem to dumb to watch.

This. Pretty much. They seem to think their shows are good or something. Now, Phineas and Ferb is probably the best show they've had in years. But it's still not really even good now, the new ones suck because they burnt out all the good ideas they had in the beginning.

If anyone has been forced to watch Zach and Cody... Absolute torture. It's mind numbing.

I hate TV, it sucks. There's seriously only one show I bother watching on TV, and I just end up downloading it anyways. (Avatar: The Last Airbender, if you cared.)
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Sep 3, 2010,
Didn't like it when I was younger and I don't like it now. It was too American for me
Quote by daytripper75
Disney has been making child stars for years. This is nothing new.

This, back then there was Hillary Duff, now it's Miley Cyrus.

Plus I would so do Selena Gomez (who is now 18) and Demi Lovato
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Henkdemachtige
JUST kids television? Kids watch alot of TV, they grow up now with Hannah Montana and crap like that, I wouldnt want my kid to walk around thinking Disney is standard for who to be.

Don't let your kid watch Disney channel... Not hard.
Quote by Duffman123
Didn't like it when I was younger and I don't like it now. It was too American for me

wat
Its a TV channel aimed at CHILDREN.

Yet ADULTS bitch and moan about it, send death threats to Disney. etc etc

Some people need to get a life.
RIP Tom Searle.
Well, it's because the adults' children are becoming stupid, arrogant and disrespectful as a result of disney channel. I'd be upset too.

And I am.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
^The adults' children are becoming stupid, arrogant and disrespectful because of shit parenting, not because of the Disney channel.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
^The adults' children are becoming stupid, arrogant and disrespectful because of shit parenting, not because of the Disney channel.

This. Unjustifiably shifting the blame has always been the way though, it used to be heavy metal that was corrupting our youth, now it's Disney Channel.

Anyway, am I the only one who actually likes a good portion of the shows? Suite Life, Phineas and Ferb, Sonny with a Chance, all great shows I think

I'm guessing if the current shows had been on when you were all younger you'd be saying how much better they are than the "new shit," nostalgia is pretty powerful
Quote by Entheogenic
Twas a good show, my sister is buying the DVDs now and we both watch it a lot .

Anyways, Disney has gone to shit lately. It used to be great. Now, it just sucks.
That show wasn't a Disney Channel show. It was part of ABC's TGIF line up. They just showed the repeats on Disney Channel. Stop being younger than me!

Anyways I loved Disney Channel when I was a kid. The Jersey, Famous Jett Jackson, Even Stevens, *shows that I don't remember* were all awesome. But if I saw them now I doubt I'd enjoy them. But kids that love their current lineup will probably feel the same way in ten years as well.

In ten years we'll have threads saying "What happened to Disney Channel? What happened to shows like Hannah Montana? Now everything sucks!"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I only let my kid watch Nick Jr. for now. Well, she's only 2 so it's geared a little more towards her age than the Disney Channel. Besides, Yo Gabba Gabba ftw
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by Snakeskin
wat

Watch some British children's programmes and then some American. You will notice a big difference
I never particularly enjoyed Disney Channel even as a kid, with the notable exceptions of Gargoyles and later Even Stevens.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Its a giant vehicle for their record company. Ever notice how there isn't any third party commercials? Thats because the actors themselves are the commercials. Every single one has an album out under Disney Records.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Its a giant vehicle for their record company. Ever notice how there isn't any third party commercials? Thats because the actors themselves are the commercials. Every single one has an album out under Disney Records.

I've always remembered Disney doing that, they've always had Disney-only commercials, and advertising some person on their channel who has an album out.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Disney Channel actually has some good shows. I watch it with the kids I babysit and a lot of the writers aren't that bad and a lot of the child actors are pretty talented, really. It's just like any other children's channel just not consumed with corporate commercials.

It's not really Disney Channel that should be raising our children, though. Parents need to encourage active play with their children, not just let them watch TV all day.

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
Page 1 of 2