Page 1 of 2
tittle says it

i think the police and blink 182 knew when to quit, can you think of other bands who knew when to quit?
Knew when to quit, but didn't.
Blink headlined Reading & Leeds not the other day, and are currently writing a new album

But apart from that, PatD and FoB.
Blink 182 just went on a hiatus. They're back together now.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Blink headlined Reading & Leeds not the other day, and are currently writing a new album

i know this, but im obviously talking about their hiatus in 2005
Quote by urik
Nirvana

Sorry, had to

Goddammit, that's why I came in here.

Well I guess since I'm here, Black Moth Super Rainbow ended on a good note with Eating Us.
The Beatles, The Clash. System of Down did the same thing Blink 182 did and went on a hiatus but thier last album was terrible. I hope they don't get back together. Linkin Park needs to call it quits.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by urik
Nirvana

Sorry, had to

oh... oh that's just bad.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Big Black
Dead Kennedys (sort of)
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Panic haven't quit, they've just split into two different bands.
^That means the quit, buddy.

System of a Down and RHCP come to mind.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
The Beatles, but on that note, The Beatles shouldn't have had to quit though, stupid Yoko Ono!!!!
Pantera.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by Luke200420
Blink 182 did and went on a hiatus but thier last album was terrible

I think their last album was by far better than any of their others, not what any previous fan of them would have been expecting but to me that makes it better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The Beatles
System Of A Down
Led Zeppelin
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Kyuss.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Vornik
^That means the quit, buddy.

One of the bands is still called Panic at the disco though so two of them didn't quit.
obviously not Axel Rose and co.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Gyroscope
I heard the thing with SOAD is temporary.

No one's sure, they're talking about it but they don't know either.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Kensai
Kyuss.

Dam you Kensai, I came in here to say that

I'm really not sure of many others, NIN maybe..., although I'm not sure if they (Trent) will record again or not
Quote by Vornik

What?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Metallica1554
Metallica

Obviously
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
What?

I agree with this "What?" statement.

I really wouldnt call going on a hiatus (or atleast a true hiatus that has just recently been proven to be a hiatus and not a break up) or taking a long time before releasing your next album quiting
Damageplan.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Gorilla Biscuits. Can't believe they haven't been mentioned.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
well minor threat quit to early, but at least they didnt ruin theyre legacy
RAW POWER
Quote by Seanstrom
The Beatles, but on that note, The Beatles shouldn't have had to quit though, stupid Yoko Ono!!!!

First of all it wasn't purely Yoko's fault, second, even if it was you should be thanking her for breaking them up before they started to suck.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by EdtheHead
Alter Bridge

They have an album coming out in a month..
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I think their last album was by far better than any of their others, not what any previous fan of them would have been expecting but to me that makes it better.

I agree, and I love all their material
Quote by Lots O' FX
First of all it wasn't purely Yoko's fault, second, even if it was you should be thanking her for breaking them up before they started to suck.

its mostly her fault, and i'll always be sticking to that.
and shortly after i posted what i said, i realized what could have been if they didnt break up, they could have completely ruined they're legacy.
Quote by Craigo
You can't believe a hardcore punk band from the late 1980s haven't been mentioned?

Yup, that pretty much sums up what I said.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Page 1 of 2