Page 1 of 3
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Help me be br00tal guys! I suck at moving around while performing :L tipz plox?
love is love // return to dust
Unknown_Biskit
The hair fanatic.
223 IQ
Well, if you're playing "hardcore"

...Don't

Just shake your head up and down.

At least, that's what all the metal bands I've played concerts with did.
Jax28
278 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Help me be br00tal guys! I suck at moving around while performing :L tipz plox?

Im taking it that your a guitarist so for stage presance....

Move toward the audience, keep eye contact with them etc and just generally try to involve the audience, if you start to move around the croud will get more pumped because of what you do to involve them

Hope this helps
Stud_Muffin
UG's Voice of Reason
2,657 IQ
Get in sync with your bassist/other guitarist and do syncronised headbanging and guitar raising, thats always works well. Just generally go crazy, because noone will really care what you look like. I've seen decent bands that look really stupid, just because they're letting themselves go as nuts as they want, but despite looking silly, it adds to the show, because everyone else will be doing exactly the same thing.

Also, if you can, try two-stepping and playing at the same time, if you have a sick breakdown. Me and the other guitarist do this in my band, it really gets people going.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're cuter than Bieber.

Stud_Muffin: Officially cuter than Justin Bieber since '92.

tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
I mean more of the metal stance kinds of things and headbanging, how do I get all of that down?
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Who the hell are these people?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Headbanging and "metal stuff" is gay.
I'm an asshole.
boffen
UG Board King
335 IQ
*something about there being loads of people I've never seen here before*
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
It's cause they all wanna talk about cool stuff like a bands stage presence or screaming and growling.. they never actually know anything about music though.
I'm an asshole.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
As evidenced by that first guy.
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by boffen
*something about there being loads of people I've never seen here before*

This.

Also, TC, you're drunk, aren't you?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
How'd you know?~
But srsly I need stage presense tips
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
You said it in the off topic thread.
I'm an asshole.
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,709 IQ
With a signature like that, you should just get into crab stance and let the crab hammer drop.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
MortifiedLizard
The Angered Reptilian
582 IQ
If you're actually having fun, and know how to play well without standing in one spot and staring at your guitar neck, then stage presence will come naturally.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,709 IQ
if you don't get into crab stance, you could always BTBAM it and have one member with monster stage presence, three members with pretty good-to-OK stage presence (one is a drummer, so there is no reason to force it), and one member (you) that is a statue.
Now say his name.....
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by lordofthefood1
if you don't get into crab stance, you could always BTBAM it and have one member with monster stage presence, three members with pretty good-to-OK stage presence (one is a drummer, so there is no reason to force it), and one member (you) that is a statue.

'

Usually it's about the vocalist. As long as the instrument players move a little bit, it won't look bad. Just bounce your head to the beat, TS. Or pull a Converge, and flail non stop.
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,709 IQ
Quote by llanafreak44
'

Usually it's about the vocalist. As long as the instrument players move a little bit, it won't look bad. Just bounce your head to the beat, TS. Or pull a Converge, and flail non stop.

I was referring to Dan Briggs actually, who makes up for Paul Waggoner's statue-like stage presence. TS, I say move as much as you can move, because this post is kind of correct, it is usually about the vocalist.

"Oh, look at me! I play bass and I'm wearing gym shorts and I'm barefoot!" I like him.
Now say his name.....
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Actually people with instruments have more outlets than a vocalist minus crowd interactions.
I'm an asshole.
lordofthefood1
A blank survey
1,709 IQ
but they generally have less to do and can move around more, also, they're usually center stage, which helps them to be the focus
Now say his name.....
Nitrate
54 IQ
Quote by lordofthefood1
I was referring to Dan Briggs actually, who makes up for Paul Waggoner's statue-like stage presence. TS, I say move as much as you can move, because this post is kind of correct, it is usually about the vocalist.

"Oh, look at me! I play bass and I'm wearing gym shorts and I'm barefoot!" I like him.

Dan move quite a bit. Dustie can't cause he has back problems
Gingers Unite
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
Actually people with instruments have more outlets than a vocalist minus crowd interactions.

I wouldn't say that at all, especially if you're playing more technically involved music. The only bands I've seen videos of being technical and moving around a lot are the Dillinger Escape Plan, and Converge. All the others are usually the vocalist moving around frantically, while the guitarists/bassists just bob their heads or crab up and down.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
DON'T ARGUE WITH ME I'M TOO DRUNK TO SAY ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE
I'm an asshole.
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
DON'T ARGUE WITH ME I'M TOO DRUNK TO SAY ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE

You're typing is pretty articulate for a drunk guy, I hope you're not just playing the drunk card out of defeat .
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Articulation has nothing to do with typing in any way! Also I can out drunk-type anyone in my age bracket. Furthermore, I've never failed a sobriety test in my life.

Edit: Also also, in whatever we were talking about I'm almost certain I was right
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Sep 4, 2010,
scaryfried
YOUR GOD IS FICTION
405 IQ
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Get in sync with your bassist/other guitarist and do syncronised headbanging and guitar raising, thats always works well. Just generally go crazy, because noone will really care what you look like. I've seen decent bands that look really stupid, just because they're letting themselves go as nuts as they want, but despite looking silly, it adds to the show, because everyone else will be doing exactly the same thing.

Also, if you can, try two-stepping and playing at the same time, if you have a sick breakdown. Me and the other guitarist do this in my band, it really gets people going.

wow.

also, how the hell did no one notice that the first poster is THIS guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIeTuVYh10
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
Articulation has nothing to do with typing in any way! Also I can out drunk-type anyone in my age bracket. Furthermore, I've never failed a sobriety test in my life.

Edit: Also also, in whatever we were talking about I'm almost certain I was right

Sure it does!

Articulate: divided into syllables or words meaningfully arranged : intelligible

Quote by scaryfried
wow.

also, how the hell did no one notice that the first poster is THIS guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIeTuVYh10

Why did I just watch the whole thing?
Okeefe Is Legit
1,415 IQ
Quote by lookpizza

I've full on convinced friends via text that I've been sober right after telling them I had just been drinking prior to talking to them. I'd like to think I've mastered texting/typing while intoxicated. Hell, I typed this post half drunk, half hungover...