Well, I walked into guitar center a month or so ago and picked up the new Paul Allender PRS. I had seen it online and thought it looked pretty cool and wanted to try it out. I played it for a little and thought it would be cool to buy when I could fit it into my budget.

Well, that day came. Today is my birthday and I figured I would treat myself to something nice, held a job all summer and had some money thrown away to use.

I picked up the SE torero and tried it for a spin, and for the price difference it didn't seem worth it to me. The necks felt the same and the only difference was a Floyd rose and different EMGs. I never really use the tremolo so I figured I'd have no use from a Floyd. The EMGs did sound a "TAD" better, but I wasn't really messing with the amp too majorly.

I am happy with my purchase, just need to change the stock strings to the 11's I bought and put the sucker into D standard!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
HNGD! Gratz! ^^

so that's a new version of his signature? what have changed besides the color (the old one was purple, right?)? :P

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Happy B-day, and happy NGD!!!

Paul Reed Smiths are really awesome guitars... And the SE line is no exception. Congrats!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by TheBloodstained
HNGD! Gratz! ^^

so that's a new version of his signature? what have changed besides the color (the old one was purple, right?)? :P

i prefer the purple one... but still thats one hot gutiar ... HNGD
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
Well, I walked into guitar center a month or so ago and picked up the new Paul Allender PRS. I had seen it online and thought it looked pretty cool and wanted to try it out. I played it for a little and thought it would be cool to buy when I could fit it into my budget.

Well, that day came. Today is my birthday and I figured I would treat myself to something nice, held a job all summer and had some money thrown away to use.

I picked up the SE torero and tried it for a spin, and for the price difference it didn't seem worth it to me. The necks felt the same and the only difference was a Floyd rose and different EMGs. I never really use the tremolo so I figured I'd have no use from a Floyd. The EMGs did sound a "TAD" better, but I wasn't really messing with the amp too majorly.

I am happy with my purchase, just need to change the stock strings to the 11's I bought and put the sucker into D standard!

I'm considering buying one of these. Do you recommend them?
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by TheBloodstained
HNGD! Gratz! ^^

Yeah, the old one was purple and had just the PRS designed humbuckers. This one has the coil-tap EMGs.

And thanks guys.

@LoudLove5150, yes I would. I bought my other PRS about a year and a half ago and the quality of it still holds. The neck on the allender one feels great and along with the jumbo frets I find it a real easy play. The reach on the 24th fret is also great from the way they did the cutaway on this model, on the other SE I have its not as nice.

Also, at the edge they did a little dive in the body so its angled where you rest your arm and not a pointy angle, it's really comfortable!
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Sep 3, 2010,
HNGD, that is definitely the best looking PRS out there right now.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
Yeah, the old one was purple and had just the PRS designed humbuckers. This one has the coil-tap EMGs.

And thanks guys.

@LoudLove5150, yes I would. I bought my other PRS about a year and a half ago and the quality of it still holds. The neck on the allender one feels great and along with the jumbo frets I find it a real easy play. The reach on the 24th fret is also great from the way they did the cutaway on this model, on the other SE I have its not as nice.

Also, at the edge they did a little dive in the body so its angled where you rest your arm and not a pointy angle, it's really comfortable!

Thanks bro

It helps also that I only paid $484 for it... It was marked down to $560 at my guitar center and I had that 15% off for labor day coupon. I made out good.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
It helps also that I only paid $484 for it... It was marked down to $560 at my guitar center and I had that 15% off for labor day coupon. I made out good.

Same with my local GC, though it's marked down to $549 where I am

HNGD, I hate you now.

Awesome guitar, but like someone else said I do still prefer the older model, just because I'm not that big of a fan of active EMG's, but the finish on the new models is still f**king stunning.

The purple was just so sexy.
i've never been able to play that thing cause the inlays mess me up so bad
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Well, got the 11 gauge strings on it and boy does it sing.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Sep 4, 2010,
Lovin the inlays!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
yea for whatever reason the allenders are the first ones to price drop. no clue why.

i wasn't as big a fan of the purple one, maybe it was the gold hardware.

the body curve is a lot more comfortable for sure. congrats man.
I thought the purple model was sexy.

Though now that I look at some pics of the green one it looks nice too.

HNGD it's still a nice guitar.
That thing is the sex! *want*

Happy Birthday and NGD

I get my own birthday NGD on Wednesday
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
That is one sexy guitar! Honestly...I think I wanna try out a PRS now...
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Very happy with the guitar. Hopefully will have some samples in a day or two.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!