The one that would suggest where to resolve chord progressions to?
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Voice Leading and cadences
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
Voice Leading and cadences

You're one step before the "branch". Voice leading and Cadences are before the Tonic. It doesn't resolve in the Cadence, it resolves at the Tonic.

Nothing really resolves until you get to the Tonic.
Quote by MikeDodge
You're one step before the "branch". Voice leading and Cadences are before the Tonic. It doesn't resolve in the Cadence, it resolves at the Tonic.

Nothing really resolves until you get to the Tonic.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question. I thought he was looking for an area to study, as you can't ask your prof "Teach me about the tonic" , you'd be talking about voice leading and cadences.

However it's common to speak of things resolving even in a relative sense and not in relation to the I, no?

Quote by MapOfYourHead
Tonality.
I'd go with this. Or even "tension and resolution."
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by nightwind
Perhaps I misunderstood the question. I thought he was looking for an area to study, as you can't ask your prof "Teach me about the tonic" , you'd be talking about voice leading and cadences.

However it's common to speak of things resolving even in a relative sense and not in relation to the I, no?

No biggie, I didn't mean to make my comment so factual. You're right from your perspective that the Cadence is the best path for resolving anything.
Quote by GilbertsPinky
TS: Study all the above recommendations!

+1

lol good one : )