Alright, alright. First off, what the **** is up UG? It's been a while since I've been on here. Ok, so I got offered a Gibson Les Paul for a pretty cheap price. The head of the guitar though (ya know, where the tuning knobs are and what not? I could be wrong by calling it the "head" of the guitar, but that's irrelevant.) is cracked pretty bad.

The crack sorta goes a little down the neck making the guitar unplayable. I don't think I wanna spend money on putting the neck back together. I'd rather just spend money on a new neck. My question is, where can I find a replacement neck for a les Paul? I searched on google and I can't seem to find a site that sells guitar necks.

Help?
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
For what I know, it's extremely difficult (if not impossible) to replace the neck in a set-neck guitar; and, as far as I know, every Gibson Les Paul is constructed that way.
I wouldn't recommend you to buy it.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
It's a Gibson. Take it to a Luthier and let them fix it. At least let them give you a price quote to get it fixed. You may find that it's cheaper to fix the existing neck, than replace it.

It is possible to replace the neck on a set neck guitar. I'm just not sure what the cost is for one versus the other.
Quote by KG6_Steven
It's a Gibson. Take it to a Luthier and let them fix it. At least let them give you a price quote to get it fixed. You may find that it's cheaper to fix the existing neck, than replace it.

It is possible to replace the neck on a set neck guitar. I'm just not sure what the cost is for one versus the other.

I agree with this guy about fixing the existing neck rather that changing it.
However, I wouldn't go through the trouble of replacing a neck on a set-neck guitar, even the body could get damaged when you try to remove the old neck.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Last edited by DarkLordArthur at Sep 3, 2010,
Thanks guys.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the neck even stronger once it's fixed by a luthier? I've heard that several times
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the neck even stronger once it's fixed by a luthier? I've heard that several times

If the luthier is skillful and the guitar was not put together perfectly from the start. Maybe.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Err I've never heard stories about someone taking their axe to a luthier so I wouldn't know. But this is the second time the neck was damaged in the same exact spot... So the first guy didn't do a good job or the guitar is doomed.
Quote by LoudLove5150

If its something like a cracked headstock, yeah, it is stronger after its been fixed, because the glue used to fix it is stronger than the wood.
Quote by littlephil
If its something like a cracked headstock, yeah, it is stronger after its been fixed, because the glue used to fix it is stronger than the wood.

I thought so Cool.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
How cheap is pretty cheap? After repairs, it may not even be worth it. And what kind of Les Paul is it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X