i've gotta change the factory strings on my guitar. Im just wondering what strings would benefit me for playing metal (A7X style). I also like to do more bends than normal and tend to slide into my notes more than i should if that means anything when picking strings. Any thoughts?
Always Rock!
For the love of God just buy strings, and see what works for you.
No one is gonna like exactly what you like, so you need to figure this out yourself.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
wow.... i was just hoping to find a guage that someone has tried before so i didn't have to blow $15 on ones that don't feel good for what i'm trying to do without getting bitched at.......

edit: meant for the guy 2 post above
Always Rock!
Last edited by s12k17 at Sep 3, 2010,
technically, it's all your preference. for stuff in Drop D, I prefer either Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms (10-52) or even 11's. That'll also be good for Drop C# as well. This is if you want a bit of tension to your guitar, (which I prefer the fight back. It keeps giving me a challenge to overcome [finger strength gets better]) but if you want some more bend, some regular 10's will be just fine. Even 9's if you really feel like bending a lot very quickly.

EDIT: and strings are about $5 per pack. idk where you're getting $15 from unless you're looking at coated strings.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Sep 3, 2010,
i play alot in drop D and i've heard alot of good stuff about the skinny top heavey bottoms so i think ill go with those.
Always Rock!
good choice. They're what i'm using on my strat right now for e standard, drop D, Drop C#, and DADGAD. it sounds great for everything and nothings too stiff or too loose in any of those tunings.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by s12k17
wow.... i was just hoping to find a guage that someone has tried before so i didn't have to blow $15 on ones that don't feel good for what i'm trying to do without getting bitched at.......

edit: meant for the guy 2 post above

Well I see these threads pop up every week.

Like someone else said they use 10-52. I use 12-56. Everyone's different. Just like with brands. Everyone uses different brands, and sizes.

Sorry to come off like a dick, but that's the way it is. Try out different gauges, and brands, and see what's best for you. We don't have your hands. We don't know what will work for you.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Well I see these threads pop up every week.

Sorry to come off like a dick, but that's the way it is. Try out different gauges, and brands, and see what's best for you. We don't have your hands. We don't know what will work for you.

U mean everyday at a minimum of 17 per day right?

also, i agree with this post.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.