This mostly pertains to my crappy recording skills. Does the XLR out mute the speaker or is it just an alternate output?

The manual doesn't say.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 3, 2010,
there will still be sound through the speaker.

as far as i know the xlr output is just an emulated mic for recording
Last edited by xanubisx at Sep 3, 2010,
^You sure?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah pretty sure, i do not have an amp with xlr but i know for a fact that if you have a tube amp on and you play through it with no speaker connected you are going to damage the amp
Quote by xanubisx
yeah pretty sure, i do not have an amp with xlr but i know for a fact that if you have a tube amp on and you play through it with no speaker connected you are going to damage the amp

Muting the output is different from disconnecting the speaker load. You can quite safely mute the output of an amp without disconnecting the load.

I'm not sure whether it mutes or not though
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 3, 2010,
The XLR is probably a low level Direct Output. My Rivera has the same thing. It's driven by a tube and uses a transformer for isolation. It won't mute the output of the amp.
Quote by KG6_Steven
The XLR is probably a low level Direct Output. My Rivera has the same thing. It's driven by a tube and uses a transformer for isolation. It won't mute the output of the amp.

That's...awesome. There go my problems of not being able to hear myself play.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden