There is a small get together at my friend's place tomorrow and it's my turn to buy something to drink, but instead of getting the normal beer or booze my friends want to try some wine. Unfortunately, none of us know anything about wine. This is just for casual drinking, no pooping in the neighbor's mailbox and forgetting about it.

I would like to get a decent white wine, not cheap but not expensive either. The only wine I have had is Barefoot. So not to break the bank, I would like to get a white wine a level or two above Barefoot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I have no clue where to start for wine. Thanks guys!
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
Haha yeah I guess not, but I thought maybe I could get some suggestions just to start off on the right foot :shrugs:
Well, that'd require that the Pit finds a wine expert...

I think most of the Pit either (a is too young to drink or (b drinks beer and hard liquor like me.
I don't really drink wine, I find most of it unpleasant, but I do find Blossom Hill nice. So give that a shot if you want.
Unless it's champagne, I can only drink cheap-ass wine. I can't stand that expensive, aged stuff.
If you want good wines for casual drinking, look at Australian wines. Yellowtail is good, they make a nice Chardonnay, and it's not too expensive... Jackson Triggs is another good vintner, I recall they make a nice white.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Trader joes has Charles shaw in all flavors...won tons of Cali awards... Yet affordable. Def, DEFINITeLy KNoW about Charles shaw wines to lead a life well lived. Supposedly, I've tried other brands in the past ten years. R u near a trader joes?
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll look into some Yellowtail and see if there is Blossom Hill. And no I can't say I've ever been to a trader joe's before.

EDIT: And Rose!
Last edited by The_Nowhereman at Sep 3, 2010,
going into a supermarket and picking by price is the best bet, if you dont know much about wines you wont be able to tell the diference the largest diference will be if its sweet or dry wine
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
I guess a sweet wine sounds more appealling to me.
I'm a big fan of wines. But I doubt I could help you because I only really ever drink local wines. I have no idea what wines you have available to you.

My suggestion would be to spend roughly 8-10 pounds per bottle. Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc are good white wines to start with.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
only drink hard stuff, sorry
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
only drink hard stuff, sorry

If this is a boast on how you're better for drinking spirits instead, wine is about the highest content in alcohol you can get which can absorb all of it efficiently.
Quote by Craigo
If this is a boast on how you're better for drinking spirits instead, wine is about the highest content in alcohol you can get which can absorb all of it efficiently.

it wasn't a boast, i just don't like beer really and havent had wine.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Zoot Allures
No one in the world knows anything about wine, just say it smells of the basil and oak trees and that you can taste the honey from the reigion in it and everyone will nod their heads and agree.

to op, if your planning on getting sloshed off wine, buy some painkillers in advance
Something for 8-10 quid should be fine, i have the occasional wine night but still know pretty much nothing about it, i just pick up a bottle that looks good.

Wine hangovers are ghastly though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Stop wineing about it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all