i was thinking of putting a splitable duncan for the neck and a dimarzio for the bridge. good idea or bad idea?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

It's really up to you, if you want to change out your pickups, it's not really a good/bad kind of decision. As stated, the Spider, being a modeling amp, is not as shapeable tone-wise as a different, non-modeling amp.

You may want to save up for a better amp, for example, with the money you would spend on pickups, you could get an Epiphone Valve Junior, a small tube amp, which sounds nice, and is very common to mod.

If you are insistent on replacing the pickups, you may want to check out Guitar Fetish's pickups, as they are much cheaper, still sound good, and are splitable.

Finally, based on the fact that all you have specified is you want a SD in the neck and a Dimarzio in the bridge shows that you aren't quite sure what you're doing yet, as they have many, many different sounding models.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
It's really up to you, if you want to change out your pickups, it's not really a good/bad kind of decision. As stated, the Spider, being a modeling amp, is not as shapeable tone-wise as a different, non-modeling amp.

You may want to save up for a better amp, for example, with the money you would spend on pickups, you could get an Epiphone Valve Junior, a small tube amp, which sounds nice, and is very common to mod.

If you are insistent on replacing the pickups, you may want to check out Guitar Fetish's pickups, as they are much cheaper, still sound good, and are splitable.

Finally, based on the fact that all you have specified is you want a SD in the neck and a Dimarzio in the bridge shows that you aren't quite sure what you're doing yet, as they have many, many different sounding models.

ur right, I've no idea what i'm doing, i'm just bored but i'm saving for a tube amp, possibly the bugera v22 or a vox
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

okay, well that would be a good first step. Going out and blowing $200 on pickups when the thing that makes them audible is junky won't help you get a new amp any faster.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
besides shouldn't this be in the which pups thread anyways?
also, maybe its just me, but putting new pickups in isn't really what i'd call modding, more like upgrading lol.

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot