Does anyone know where to have a guitar custom built for under 1000 bucks?

I am deeply in love with the Gibson Les Paul Supreme, but will not pay $3,409 for a guitar.

I was wondering if anyone knew a site or shop that will build a guitar to my specifications and it doesn't cost more than $800 just for the body?

Any help is much appreciated.
carvin maybe? not sure never really looked into building one, but i think carvin will build custom guitars, or you buy the parts and put it together yourself
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
usacg, warmoth, for individual parts. but other than that, good luck finidng a company that'll build it for you completely for under 1k
A small luthier.

really the only way i know of that would still give you a good price.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If you can expand your budget a few hundred, I think you'd like a good Carvin CS6.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
If you can expand your budget a few hundred, I think you'd like a good Carvin CS6.

I agree with this statement.

Carvin makes some really nice custom instruments for a reasonable price.

Other options include finding a local luthier and getting a price quote or trying to buy a used custom instrument that matches your specs.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Build your own guitar. If anything, a local luthier should be able to do it for pretty reasonable, or carvin
If you go Warmoth and buy an unfinished body and avoid things like a Floyd Rose, you should be able to do it, but a small luthier is probably your best bet.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I'd raise your budget to at least $1200 and go Carvin.

I wouldn't know what luthiers charge though.
Heritage are priced like Gibsons. Carvin won't feel like an LP but are well made, high quality guitars. (their better stuff approaches Gibson prices though) The only bummer being you'll only know if you like it after buying.
Gibson Traditionals give you todays version of the "old" Standard LP and cost $2300 CAD. I have one and I'm very happy with it.
I just played a Gibson R0V2 today and can't stop thinking about it, it was that good, but that's another story. Custom Shop and pricey!!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG

Gibson Traditionals give you todays version of the "old" Standard LP and cost $2300 CAD. I have one and I'm very happy with it.

but supremes and traditionals are vastly different.

maybe a used carvin because lower demands for them drive used prices down.

i've seen supremes as low as $1700 used, maybe just keep saving and hope for the best?

also, how do i say politely that your taste is aweful?
j/k different strokes etc.
I'd go with carvin seen as your in the US
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by gregs1020
but supremes and traditionals are vastly different.

maybe a used carvin because lower demands for them drive used prices down.

i've seen supremes as low as $1700 used, maybe just keep saving and hope for the best?

also, how do i say politely that your taste is aweful?
j/k different strokes etc.

I don't think I'd pay well over 3K new for a non-custom shop guitar though! You could easily get a new VOS 57GT or R8 for that money and it would be a superior guitar IMO of course.
The supreme just seems to have a lot of bling on it (AAAA top, Gold HW, split block inlays, flashy TRC etc)
Like you say different strockes for different folks.
Moving on.....
I think I might go with a small luthier, although I kinda want to build one. the only problem is the chambering. I'd go with carvin or heritage, but I really want the gibson 490r and 498t pickups.
I'd go with Carvin, and with the money you save you can swap the pickups for some Gibson ones (though why you'd want to do that I dunno, it's cheaper to get an Alnico II pro and a Custom 5/Custom Custom if you want that tone).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by KenG
I don't think I'd pay well over 3K new for a non-custom shop guitar though! You could easily get a new VOS 57GT or R8 for that money and it would be a superior guitar IMO of course.
The supreme just seems to have a lot of bling on it (AAAA top, Gold HW, split block inlays, flashy TRC etc)
Like you say different strockes for different folks.

i wouldn't go with a supreme, ever. for pretty much the same reasons you listed. i've seen used R7 or R8 for under $2k. about the same as a good used prs. side by side i preferred a mccarty at the time.

i had an 08 standard, it was a good guitar. sadly at the time my yamaha did a better "paul" tone that it did.

TS - i'm all for the "find a nice used carvin or prs singlecut" for a few hundo more.

/supremehatepost
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.