Hey guys, I recently replaced the bridge pick up of my Washburn WI50 with a Seymour Duncan JB. The original pick up was a Randall Ultra XL bridge pick up. I have a severe problem. The JB's output is basically nothing. For an example, in POD Farm, the Randall pick up would redline the input meter at some points. The JB barely even makes the meter move.

I had it installed by the local music shop. I know when I take it back, he'll just tell me that a JB is a low gain pick up, which I know it isn't. I think he accidentally switched the tone and volume pots. Any ideas? I need some info so I can convince him to take a look at it.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Sounds like he fucked up, OP, bring it back to him and tell him.

Even IF it was a low output pickup you'd still get at least something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I mean, it makes noise, but when I was testing it in the shop he had to crank the gain on a Randall solid state combo.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I had a similar situation with my Strat about a year ago and I had to go in and fix something someone else had done. Basically it was just a cold solder joint do I resoldered it and boom. Fixed.

If you take your guitar to him and plug it in it will be obvious that it is not correct and he should (with a good conscious) fix it for free. I mean, he should have tested it before putting it back together but it is possible the joint came loose or compromised in transit or something after you picked it up. Doesn't matter because it should hold.

If he still gives you trouble - show him this tread
Alright. Thanks. I love doing business with the guy, but he's really arrogant and won't believe anything that goes against what he said.