okay so i was looking at my explorer and thinking that theres so much extra space there because it has a massive body. So i got the crasiest idea! Would it be possible to install a boost pedal or sumthing into the actual guitar body? Its just an idea but im curious because it would leave me much more free to move around during songs and things like that
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
sure, you could. It'd require a ****load of routing though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
DO IT. It'd be the best and coolest thing ever!

-Nick
If a pizza has a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" it has a volume of pi(z)(z)(a)
has anyone ever done it before? That way i could see some kind of layout on it
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
nice man! explorers are awesome right but i have no clue on how i would be able to actually pull this off so guys i need your help i know the people on modding here are some really amazing people so i figured the people here could help me pull of just about anything lol
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
well yeah basicly thats what i was talking about ive never seen those though on anyones guitar are they rare to see?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
well theyre not really common but also not really rare. The guitarist for children of bodom has one or used one when he had the emg hz pickup to give him a boost for his solos
Whaaaat!!!!!!
ohhh well what i really wanted 2 do was basicly buy a boost pedal take the shell off and put the actual wiring into the guitar and have the knobs and switch sticking out of the body is there anyway to do that?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
You could, but thats gonna be alot harder since you have the output and input on opposite ends. But maybe theres a way to connect the input of the boost to your volume and then have the output go out of your guitar to the amp. Other wise youd have to have a cable going inside of your guitar to connect to the input and another from the output of the boost to the amp. But i have no idea.
Whaaaat!!!!!!
well i figures there could be a way to hook the input into the volume or something like that which is what you kind of suggsted to and have the output be my guitar jack but this seems like a major job do you guys think its worth it?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
honestly i wouldnt do it if you ever plan on selling the guitar because it would really bring down the value but if not, go for it. And post pictures
Whaaaat!!!!!!
well im not realy positive im weather or not i am going to sell it i didnt think about that but im not one to part with my guitars really i never plan on selling my squire affinty series strat its not that great but it has alota sentimental value well i guess im going to think about the idea for now and really take time with it
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
oh really? well now i dont feel that original lol but okay ill check the wiring thread out thanks dude
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Why not throw a phaser in there instead of a boost. That's much more unique lol

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
Meh tuners boring...I tune by ear anyway. Just route a place in the back for the phaser and it won't be seen and you can adjust the settings and all easy while playing.def try and wire it to the same output as guitar output and maybe wire you an on/off switch on the front of the guitar.

Hell maybe wire it so you can interchange footpedals in the hole routed in the back. Then you could just swap out for whatever you desire

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
that would b pretty cool so i could swap some stuff but i use boost and overdrive and things like that because i usualy set my mids very high so for solos i use it to give it more of an edge but a phaser is a good idead too i though if something could i actually hook 3 pedals up to the volume and tone knobs? that would be
EPIC!
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby