im looking for some pickups to put in my SG. i play thrash, most metal and the occassional classic rock AC/DC and GnR style stuff. i kind of would like active pickups but if there are some good passive that would do the trick then they might also do.
another thing id like is for them to have a chrome covered pickups, as blackouts would not look very good in a guitar that looks like this

suggestions?

thanks
Well first off, budget? Because without any info I'd just suggest a set of bare knuckles painkillers with covers, or maybe so cold sweats

so more info would be helpful
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Exactly what SG do you have? It should be perfect for those kinds of genres already.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, if you don't care for routing holes in your guitar for the battery cavity with actives, then go ahead. But if you don't want to route it or pay to route it, then go ahead and get passives. Do you prefer Seymour Duncans Or Dimarzio?
High output?
More description.

Yeah: Or BKP
Quote by Offworld92
Exactly what SG do you have?

epiphone g-400 1965

i dont particulary want to route out room for a battery. no so sure of wich i prefer, duncan or dimarzio
around a $200US budget
is there any relatively high output passives?
Okay, what amp are you using?

And for the second time today, you do not need to route for active pickups. The battery in most cases can fit in the control cavity, or underneath the pickup itself.

In any case though, I don't think actives would sound good at all for what you want to play.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Okay, what amp are you using?

And for the second time today, you do not need to route for active pickups. The battery in most cases can fit in the control cavity, or underneath the pickup itself.

In any case though, I don't think actives would sound good at all for what you want to play.

There is truth in this

for higher output, look at Duncan 59 and 59jb's
fir dimarzio, maybe super distortion, tone zone, breed or maybe even paf pros
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
for higher output, look at Duncan 59 and 59jb's
fir dimarzio, maybe super distortion, tone zone, breed or maybe even paf pros

ok cool. i might hit up the music store and try some guitar with them in.
i like the idea of those Dave Mustaine Duncan Livewires. apparently they have high output as theyre activ but retain the duncan sound.
I'm not sure why you're so interested in actives...There are plenty of passive high output pickups that would rival any active in terms of discernible output. Most actives on the market today are aimed at straight up metal players. What kind of metal do you play? If you like to branch out into softer stuff from time to time I'd probably recommend you stay with passives.

AFAIK The Dave Mustaine Livewires were based on the Duncan JB and Jazz but I'd imagine tonally they're still closer to actives than passives.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
if you want Duncan maybe a custom custom and a jazz or '59? that is what i believe are in a lot of Schecters (or at least were, i havent looked into them for a few years), and they do the classic rock/metal very well. maybe a Gibson 500t in the bridge, those are ceramic high output and come in explorers, i think those would do a good jub.

if you play metal, you need to be more specific as far as what you play. lamb of god is different from pantera, or in flames, or metallica, etc. list a few bands you like the tone of.

also what are you using for an amp>
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/