im 17 still no job. need money. i was thinking subway. i want somewhere small and chill and clean you know?
You can work from home and make 5000$ a week! Just follow this link and we'll let you know how this mom of 3 children did it!

link.

Serious answer: Grocery store, you're only 17, you're good til college with that job.
small chill and clean? just keep away from fast food and you will be fine.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

small and chill and clean?

deal out of your home.

edit: seriously, though, a lot of jobs for your age group will not fit the criteria.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by ICOG
small chill and clean? just keep away from fast food and you will be fine.

agreed i though subway would be the best for food.
Subway's OK. I worked there for a bit. Free subs.
My first job was in a restaurant washing dishes. It was pretty cool. Everyone was pretty crazy though.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
i've done subway. it's not bad at all if you have a decent manager and coworkers.

i've done nicer fast food as well and it's not bad either. good for a first or second job.

you could also try bussing tables in a real restaurant or washing dishes.
Ehhh, your first job will most likely be terrible. Take what you can, and when you find something better, go take that.
Well, TS, have fun. In this damn economy, I doubt you really can be picky enough to dictate "small, chill, and clean" if you actually want a job. Do yourself a favor; apply everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Obviously not places you clearly are unqualified for, but do try everywhere you just might be. The only way you get a job is work your ass off trying to find one and by not being too picky, especially since you're 17. Hell, even before this bad economy, that was the only way 17 year olds (without some family to give them a job) got a job. Just apply at every place in town and tell them you'll basically do whatever they need you to do.
My first job was at a bagel shop. Think of the big pro to working at subway, free subs, and replace it with free bagels. It was amazing. Now I'm 17 and work at an ice rink. Pretty awesome as well
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Try selling apples on the side of the road. Then try selling watermelon. When you make your money with the watermelon, start selling bread, once the bread is settled, sell the brand, and then the culture surrounding that brand.

Once you've done this, You are skilled enough to become a Jedi.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
my first job was a 9-5 at a law firm and it was so horrible because the job was awesome and I can no longer get that kind of job due to the economy. I actually got laid off because of the economy..

the economy...

whatever.

Work at fast food, it isn't horrible.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Work anywhere that will hire you. Don't be picky. I tried looking for a job this summer, but wouldn't apply to certain places (fast food restaurants to be specific)... I ended up without a real job, but I was lucky that my dad was able to hire me. Seriously don't be picky.
The best place to work for your first job is anyone who will hire you. I'm 18 and a High School graduate and still nobody will hire me (or for that matter even call me back).
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
The best place to work for your first job is anyone who will hire you. I'm 18 and a High School graduate and still nobody will hire me (or for that matter even call me back).

Me too. I have no idea how i'm supposed to pay for gas (or a car for that matter), or next semester's tuition when no places are even calling me back.
I sometimes made like $500 a week mowing lawns, designing business cards & whatnot, and touching up photos during my high school years. It's all about getting to know the people in your area and finding out what you can sell to them.

edit: People will tell you that you have to wash dishes or work at Micky D's, but that's not always true. You do have to commit to it and be persistent, however. Best part though, you get to be your own boss! The only people you have to answer to are your customers.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by CreepingDeath13
get to know the people at your local music store then try and get a job there

this.

Become a regular at a place of business that is relevant to your interests and then try to get a job there. If you have any useful talents, you can give lessons to other people.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by CreepingDeath13
get to know the people at your local music store then try and get a job there

nice suggestion but we dont have a local music store anymore
I highly recommend trying to get a job at a movie theater. I've been working at the local cinema for almost a year and a half now, and it is my first job. It can be kind of boring during the slow parts of day, and the hours can go kind of late, but if you have cool people to work with, it's awesome.

Also, you meet loads of people. If you find you have trouble talking with strangers or whatnot, you get over it pretty quick. I can wholeheartedly say that this job has changed me for the better.
Be an upscale call girl. Clean, safe environments plus great company!
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?