Hey everyone! I'm a newebie. A 44 year old "Newbie" BUT still a "newbie". I have a newer (2008) Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top (herritage sunburst cherry and it looks sweet). When I bought the guitar itself I didn't have the cash to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio and I wasn't about to buy the cheapest Gibson Les Paul model (i figured for that amount i'd be best off buying the epiphone and then upgrading it for the same amount or less) so I decided to buy the Epiphone version so I could go through it and upgrade all of the electronics. I've picked out the new toggle-switch, the new potts and a new internal 1/4" cable jack. NOW, I need all of your help picking out the pick-ups I want installed. I play mainly rock and blues if that helps any. I was going to put a new set of Seymore Duncan pick-ups in but now seeing as the guitar (for the most part) is going to be done all with Gibson upgrades I'm wondering which way to go.? Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated! Should I go with Gibson pick-ups to keep it original (upgraded) or Seymore Duncans? ALSO, which specific pick-ups (models and/or model numbers) would sound the best on this particular guitar for my style of playing? Any and all help would truly be appreciated and I can't think of a better group of people to ask this question to! You've all helped me out tremendously in the past with any questions I've had so thanks for all of your help then and thanks for your help with this topic in advance!!!

Thanks everyone,
Charlie
Well a couple of things

budget
what you don't like about current pups
styles
amp
Tuning

We need to know all of this to truely be helpful
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
One thread per topic, please. I've left the other open.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...