So I am playing a peavey valveking 112 combo. I just replaced the tubes and it worked fine for a week. I hooked it up in my college dorm room for the first time and started hearing all of this static noise. At first I thought maybe it was the wiring in room so I tried elsewhere to the same effect. NOTHING is plugged into the amp at all. All of the levels are turned to zero, including volume. There is a preamp tube in the back that is not lighting up at all, however after doing some research it seems that it is normal for this particular tube NOT to light up when working properly.

So I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this static noise if it is not the tubes. Any ideas? Thanks...
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
anyone?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Pull out one of the valves. Spray contact cleaner onto the pins and work it in and out of the socket a few times to clean it. Then test it and move onto the next one doing the same. It is likely to just be dirt that got into the socket when you changed them or even a poorly seated one that has wiggled out a bit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Alright so I left that amp on for a while and the static went away. However the volume is considerably lower. I put it at full blast and its like it was on two. And in a matter of 3 minutes the power tubes are so hot that they cannot be touched...is that bad?
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Youre amp could be biased way too hot.

Though power valves tend to be fingerprint removing temperature.

Are the valves redplating?

It could be arcing from the sockets too.

You should really take it to a tech, there are some knowledgable people in teh UG. But without being able to get upclose and personal with your amp, theres a million things that could've gone wrong that will be hard to identify just from your description.

There's also a chance the valves you got are duds.

I'd reccomend leaving it off before it does any more damage to itself.