Most good video editing software will let you do that. I recommend Sony Vegas.
Check out my band Disturbed
Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere will let you do it very easily.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Vegas and Premier are commercial products only. For professional results Final Cut is where it's at.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Of course, Final Cut requires a Mac. Premiere Pro isn't that different from FCP. Avid is the 'real' pro software, but it's supposed to be ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, any program that allows you to have more than one layer and to resize and reposition your layers will do this. I assume most programs would.

It's not really an effect. Like I said, it just involves using layers to put multiple sources on the same frame and move them about. Much like moving and resizing layers in photoshop to achieve a composition you want.
Any free software that can do video layering?[/technicalballs]

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
If you're only going to do it once then you can download a 30 day trial (or something of the like) of a lot of the major video editing programs, at least I'm pretty sure you can. Other than that, I can't think of any good free ones.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by fleaflicker182
Of course, Final Cut requires a Mac. Premiere Pro isn't that different from FCP. Avid is the 'real' pro software, but it's supposed to be ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, any program that allows you to have more than one layer and to resize and reposition your layers will do this. I assume most programs would.

It's not really an effect. Like I said, it just involves using layers to put multiple sources on the same frame and move them about. Much like moving and resizing layers in photoshop to achieve a composition you want.

Avid Media Composer- $2,495

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty pricey
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway