Page 1 of 2
Title says it all. I recently became aware of a really stupid face I make when I was recording myself playing "Master of Puppets". Now I feel really self-conscious about playing in front of others and I'm going to go jam with a couple of my friends tomorrow.

But, this isn't the hugging thread so any of you make stupid faces? Post pics if you got any. Famous players can be posted too, to make me feel better.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
It's called Guitar Face, and there have been multiple threads on it already.

For more guitar face, see:

-BB King
-Steve Vai
-Pat Metheny
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Searchbar. This has been done so many times. Watch Vai and Satch play.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I searched, but didn't find anything.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Jari Mäenpää has a good guitar face

And TS, if you play well, they won't really care of your guitar face.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Sep 4, 2010,
I'm a singer, so I practice in front of a mirror to avoid doing that.
Believe me, be lucky you just have a face. I sometimes uncontrollably make random sounds every now and then while playing.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Quote by BigBigWater
Believe me, be lucky you just have a face. I sometimes uncontrollably make random sounds every now and then while playing.

i've done that, i used to grunt when playing a solo
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I watched this guy on YouTube and he actually seemed to punch the air randomly when playing solos.
Yeaaah. He later posted on the description that he never actually noticed that he was doing it and why...
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
my friend pulls the craziest faces while drumming

EDIT: i have a stupid wah face
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Sep 4, 2010,
I'm a drummer. It's a given that I have a stupid face.

Example:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

^not nearly 'stupid face' enough! you should really work on getting a good drumming 'stupid face'.
John Mayer's face contorts like something you'd find in a circus freak show

it makes me want to slap him in his face.

but we all do it to some degree, I tend to just close my eyes and sort of follow the notes with my face, less embarrassing than some
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
I'm a drummer. It's a given that I have a stupid face.

Example:

That face says to me, "I dunno why I'm here, but I'm here, so I might as well bang these sticks on something."
i was jamming out today, and i realized that my glasses were falling off, i tried to pull them back on by moving the ears...
Live performances wouldn't be the same without the Guitar Face. Don't be ashamed of it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
This thread is slightly pointless, given most of you have stupid faces even when you aren't playing.
Quote by SgtSquiggles
This thread is slightly pointless, given most of you have stupid faces even when you aren't playing.

Ease up Tyrone, at least for a few months.
when i use wah wah pedal i usually wah with my mouth too.. like a talkbox or sth.. i cant really help it, it's sub concious
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by BigBigWater

I do that too! Only when I play solos, which is why I'm now a rhythm guitarist
Quote by Athabasca
I tend to grimace alot when i make mistakes.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
It's called Guitar Face, and there have been multiple threads on it already.

For more guitar face, see:

-BB King
-Steve Vai
-Pat Metheny

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
My guitar face resembles the facial attributes of the defecation process.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Gorelord666

Win.

I move my mouth in a stupid way. My friend mock me but they make stupid faces. I just don't tell them.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
I sometimes push my tongue against my lower lip when I'm deep in concentration playing guitar... and of course I have a stupid wah face too. And when I sing high notes my face looks absolutely ridiculous.
Quote by Gorelord666

My string bending face is almost exactly like that. Me and B.B. are both very gifted when it comes to looking like a happy retarded kid when playing guitar.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
Guys, music is emotional and faces are results of the emotions. Don't be embarrassed about it, it's part of the vibes like body languages. The whole you gets into it.

My friends teases me about it and I tell 'em you're friggin' zombies, you're friggin' boring.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
I used to have my mouth open and mouth the notes I was playing. All it takes to correct is to spend some practice time of consciously making sure you don't so it.
I pride myself on my humility.
Page 1 of 2