right at the minute i have a first act ME5001 and a brandless practise amp off one of my prevouis guitars. Right now im thinking about up grading to some better gear i have a budget if £200, and i want a decent guitar and a fairly decent amp?
maybe you could just look at a roland cube for the amp (small version, maybe a 15w or something) and just upgrading the pickups on your guitar?
If you're in the UK you can get Iron Gear pickups for about £25 and they are great, i have some myself.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Forget it. 200£ won't buy you either a decent amp nor a decent guitar. I'd say you need around 600-800£ depending of what you want to play and around 1000£ to get really good gear.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Quote by paquiquinho
Forget it. 200£ won't buy you either a decent amp nor a decent guitar. I'd say you need around 600-800£ depending of what you want to play and around 1000£ to get really good gear.

Dude, I got a setup fr about £600 and I love it. You don't need billions to get a nice sound.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
I'd save up a bit

then get a used mid range guitar for about 200 (depending on what you play an Ibanez or some Strat)

then buy a Roland Cube or a Fender Vibro Champ XD for another 240 and you got a decent setup.
Get the amp first by the way, most of your tone is the amp, you could last longer with a crappy guitar and a good amp over a good guitar and a bad amp.
Gear:
Snark Headstock tuner!
Yeah, well im off to my local music store this morning, and il have a look at the roland cubes, as ive seen them before and they seem really good. As well tho, could i get any kind of waa waa pedal or a distrotion pedal and would they work with the roland cube? i might have to save up for a better guitar, but thanks for your help
You wont need a distortion pedal with it. Pedals and modelling amps don't go man.
Gear:
Snark Headstock tuner!