so it turns out i'm just sick to death of my whammy IV's AC power and was wondering if you guys know of any alternatives?

One i've seen is the BOSS PS-5 with an expression pedal (but it sounds really shit).

I've come to the conclusion that i can't mod my whammy to take DC after my extensive readings so far. So i'm really just looking for the whammy's features but in a DC format.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
...Why?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
...Why?

Use your interlect...

Maybe he wants to have a pedal that runs on DC but sounds similar to the Whammy? ever thought of that?

Anyway, OP, what is your budget, to get something on dc that sounds like a whammy aint gonna be cheap, especially if you live in Aus
Quote by bogg808
Use your interlect...

Oh the irony.

The Boss PS5 is meant to track better than the Whammy, and you can use it with an expression pedal, the PS6 looks pretty cool too.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 4, 2010,
The PS6 looks great but will be more expensive than the Whammy, once you factor in the cost of an expression pedal.

As a Whammy owner I can say the PS6 definitely sounds a touch more musical (even with that horrible BOSS distortion alongside it) and the option of polyphonic harmonies seems very interesting. In the official video they didn't seem to demo the octave up sounds, which is disappointing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by bogg808
Use your interlect...

Maybe he wants to have a pedal that runs on DC but sounds similar to the Whammy? ever thought of that?

Anyway, OP, what is your budget, to get something on dc that sounds like a whammy aint gonna be cheap, especially if you live in Aus

I did think of that. In fact, that's what he said in his original post. Also...Interlect?

What I'm wondering, is why spend money on a new pedal when you already have a whammy pedal, just so you can have one that runs on DC power? It seems like a waste of money to me.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
i just wanted to see what my options were. I didn't know boss had a PS-6.. i'll have to look into that.

It's amazing what lengths people will go to, when something pisses them off. I just want a simple setup and no power supplies all over the place. My intention was to sell the whammy, by the DC version and live happily of a reliable DC power supply.

Anyway, thanks fellas. I'll look into the PS-6 and see what pops up.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
the PS-6 is sounding pretty good. But why is everyone running it through that foul sounding ST-2?
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp