Hey guys, just got this from our friends at redwirez..Seems they are having a Birthday party and are giving you guys the presents..They have a free kick ass killer cab for you to download...Free..Marshall 1960A

I just figured I'd share this with you all as Redwirez have been a great support to us in the past just like this community has as well.

What they are giving away is really worth the download
You get 777 Cabinets IR files which is 54 Mic positions, on a great 1960A Marshall Cab.

We'll be building support for this into Shred 1.5x as well, so if you plan on getting that freeware when it comes out, you'll already have this set of awesome cabs installed.

Here is the link to go and download it, its free!
http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp

Don't forget your manners and say thanks..haha
KM
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Sep 4, 2010,
Sweet, downloading.

I've been really wanting to try the Redwirez stuff, but didn't feel like buying it, haha. Everything I hear about them is great. If these turn out to be good, I might just buy their impulses.

edit:
aahh there's so many to try!
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 4, 2010,
BingT..
I can understand why you are curious about the JSP. That makes sense...

I assume you have never encountered me before on this or any other forum...
I would not put my company name up as part of the post if I were directing you to a Virus. If you knew me, you would know that...So, NBD I'm just telling you, that is a real post...

Reported?

When dealing with me, or responding to my posts, please don't call or allude to me being a spammer. This is a free cabinet, and the software I spoke about called Shred 1.5x is also free. There is a fine line between information and spam, I personally draw the line at whether someone is trying to sell something and whether it is on topic. I was not trying to sell anything to anyone, and last I saw this is a guitar specific community, so it was also on topic.

When you write reported like that, it makes companies like mine not want to come here and share with you guys free items that you may not know about. Which means that guys like ignite and others who do seemingly appreciate our posts, will have to find them elsewhere.

I personally think its a nice thing when a company provides support for their products, and shares products of their friends, like we did in this post. Its especially helpful if you know that the company frequents your forum and as such they are always available for help.

Perhaps we are being disruptive? I don't know? Are we? You guys tell me...
KM
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Sep 5, 2010,
Thanks man! Downloading now... assuming that it works on my mac.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Being a free offer doesn't stop it being spam. Advertising is spam. You aren't doing it out of the goodness of your heart, you're trying to drum up business. How naive do you think we are?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Being a free offer doesn't stop it being spam. Advertising is spam. You aren't doing it out of the goodness of your heart, you're trying to drum up business. How naive do you think we are?

Dude, shut up and take the free cab impulses.

Anyways...I've got no idea how to use this, but I'm gonna download it, since I've got a decent preamp to work with.

Got it working and it sounds great, really appreciate this.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Sep 5, 2010,
whilst i agree it`s spamming i`m not going to pass on freebies

what software does it support, i`m currently using protools and eleven LE......
Come on, you get something for 10 bucks for FREE and you....COMPLAIN?! Just think about all the effort put into recording 777 IR files and you get that for free....just enjoy it.

People like Ken is the future of amp simulation and Shred 2.0 is going to cost a sum a mortal man can afford. Which is 30 bucks. I have paid ten times as much for Guitar Rig and by looking at ABG, LePau and others' amp simulators, I can say I regret buying GR3. I hope one day they put up a worthly compeditor on the synth market, which is dominated by INSANE prices (1000$-2000$ like prices).

I am not advertizing, I am just stating my opinion.

The only thing I see wrong about this thread is that it's here and not in the Riffs & Recording section.
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 5, 2010,
OK Fine, CathBard..You made your point now I'll make mine...Not that you'll believe it!
AND
not that I actually care what you think anyways, I don't even think you know how to use a IR cab...

Drumming up Business...Yeah OK?
I don't own redwirez I have nothing to do with redwirez other than a respect for their work. I was building an interface to our software, which is free, and received an email from them telling me they were giving away a free cabinet as part of their birthday celebrations. So, I decided to share it with you all and then ONCE AGAIN get called a spammer.

1) I make no money from Redwirez,
2) My software is free?

Give your head a good ol shake pal...and then take a pill of Go **** yourself...

I've spent a lot of time defending a gift....and it pisses me off...
KM
Quote by JohnnyMcFly

When you write reported like that, it makes companies like mine not want to come here and share with you guys free items that you may not know about. Which means that guys like ignite and others who do seemingly appreciate our posts, will have to find them elsewhere.

I personally think its a nice thing when a company provides support for their products, and shares products of their friends, like we did in this post. Its especially helpful if you know that the company frequents your forum and as such they are always available for help.

That certainly made it sound like a company drumming up business don't you think? However, if you are providing only free software and nothing else I withdraw my protest, I also am involved in the free software game (GNU/Linux) so I can relate.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
OK Fine, CathBard..You made your point now I'll make mine...Not that you'll believe it!
AND
not that I actually care what you think anyways, I don't even think you know how to use a IR cab...

Drumming up Business...Yeah OK?
I don't own redwirez I have nothing to do with redwirez other than a respect for their work. I was building an interface to our software, which is free, and received an email from them telling me they were giving away a free cabinet as part of their birthday celebrations. So, I decided to share it with you all and then ONCE AGAIN get called a spammer.

1) I make no money from Redwirez,
2) My software is free?

Give your head a good ol shake pal...and then take a pill of Go **** yourself...

I've spent a lot of time defending a gift....and it pisses me off...
KM

We appreciate what you're trying to do mate but being rude to a well respected member of GGnA isn't going to help your cause, and certainly won't get you on side with the mods.

Technically Cath is right, but lets just leave it up to the mods to decide.
AxSilentxLine
You are of course right.

In terms of mods, I went through proper channels in the very beginning, last year. Like I didn't just show up and start distributing.. I told UG up front that we distribute a lot of freeware and although I would be interacting with the community as whole, and taking part, my main activity here would be centralized around our software. I even made a post t the community at that time asking if anyone would have any problems with it. I made it clear then that we are not selling software at forums, we are distributing uncrippled freeware. At no time have I created advertisements for commercial products, or mentioned prices (unless I was asked) No one had a problem with it.

Then all of a sudden someone started calling me a spammer and we left the forum for about 7 months or so. The first post back here where I gave something away free, that does not even have anything to do with my company, I get accused of spreading a virus, called a spammer and reported.

So as much as I like this community, for the most part, I can't really see us sticking around here any longer, I mean really, if this is what we're going to get for giving away freebies, then its not worth it to cause this type of distress to the community. My thoughts are that we really didn't do any harm here, Its not like we're trying to sell vacations, or diet pills. As a matter of fact I am not trying to sell anything at all. We were giving our stuff away and I simply provided a link to to something else that is free. This is a guitar forum, this a link to download guitar cabinet files, so it is on topic. I may not have chosen the right forum, sorry for that...

But really, I don't want to have to keep defending a gift, and I simply lost my temper at having to do so. Thats why the outburst, its not usually in my character to speak to people like that.

Its plain to see that some members of this community do not want us to do this here, so, we just simply won't...UG is one of 108 forums that we frequent. It is the only forum that I thought highly enough of to go back to, you guys have a great community...
KM
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Sep 5, 2010,
Dude you should probably calm down a bit, its not like you post in the GG&A forums everyday to make you known by everyone, most people that usually post in here don't always check the other forums in ug like the Recording section which looks like you frequent. How would we know whether or not you were spamming/advertising or not?

And hey if I used modelling software or had a Redwirez system I would love to have a free download.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Sep 5, 2010,
I'll be downloading when I get back to my desktop.

As far as not feeling comfortable due to claims of spamming, perhaps a disclaimer in the OP or your sig would make life easier, explaining that the mods know about, and are okay with, what you are doing.
Just might stop people going for the throat and reporting right away.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Hopefully Im not the only one that has no idea what this thing is...? Im curious.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Cool, thanks. Before I download, does it work with mac?

With my crappy internet that file will take an hour to download...haha, yeah it sucks.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 5, 2010,
I got it and it's great.
Thanks for sharing it and as far as "spamming" is concerned. imho, you're not doing that at all, merely sharing some cool freeware. Thanks.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Advertising is spam, whether you're advertising your own company or someone else', and its against the rules.

You can deny it all you want, but you are a spammer.
Jesus Christ. What the **** is wrong with you people?

This forum is really starting to piss me off lately. The guy is offering a link to FREE downloads and you guys are jumping down his throat because he's somehow "advertising" by passing along a free download to some great impulse files? AcmeBarGig, as far as I know, is all freeware. This guy is doing a favor to musicians by providing free impulses and amp simulators and you guys are being twats by trying to drive him away. If it was any other member, you guys would be grateful, but just because he owns his own software company means that he somehow has an alternative motive? Get off you damn high horse. If you don't have anything nice to say to someone who's giving you free things, then...

Shut the **** up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Advertising is spam, whether you're advertising your own company or someone else', and its against the rules.

You can deny it all you want, but you are a spammer.

If you're retired, why are you still here?

I don't know what this is, but he made one thread about it, and he has the permission of mods. If I were you guys, I would shut up and collect my free stuff.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Oh for ****'s sake guys...Really?
The guy's got permission from the mods and is giving us free stuff. He didn't have to post it. He just thought he'd be nice and pass it on to us. I don't really see this as advertising at all. I see it as a guy who got a link for a free cab sim and decided to pass it on. He doesn't mention his company in the OP and doesn't try and promote himself. Only thing he mentions in the OP about his stuff is Shred 1.5 and he said that they were building the cab sim into it. Calm down and take the free goodies and drop it.

OT: Thanks man, I prob won't use it but thanks none the less
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Sep 5, 2010,
Quote by Bingt
.jsp? i don;t trust that.

also, this is advertising. reported.
All I saw was "DURRRRRRRR!!!!!!!"
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
what is this thing exactly?
what would i need to run (software/hardware wise)?

even if it turns out that i cant use it thanks anyway
Quote by Tempoe
Cool, thanks. Before I download, does it work with mac?

With my crappy internet that file will take an hour to download...haha, yeah it sucks.

It depends what DAW you have. The impulses are just .wav files, but you need some kind of convolution software to load them. There are some free ones that work on a Mac, but if you use ProTools (like me) there are no free ones
Well Not to rub salt in an open wound, but I am almost afraid to tell you guys how to use these things because it involves downloading freeware. haha

OK..I know there re other threads around here somewhere that probably detail this information a lot better than I will. So, I'll give you a quick explanation of what these are and how they work. I'm just going to say sorry for the long post before hand, but its the only way to explain it, and I'll do my best to explain it in simple terms.(For the benefit of those that are not familiar.)

The download is a library of recordings of a Cabinet, a Marshall 1960A. These recordings can then be used by a special type of wave player called a Convolver. In simple terms you can think of these files as Gigantic EQ presets. So what happens is you load one of these files into a convolver and whatever sound you put into it(your guitar), takes on the same sound as the cabinet would be. The convolver applies this gigantic eq to it. We're not talking like 31 bands, we're talking into the 10 of thousands, so the representation is very accurate, at least in terms of tone. Now before anyone takes issue with my description, remember I am trying to explain this to people who have never heard of convolution before. Of course there is a lot more to it than my simple description, like calling it a gigantic EQ, but I believe it will help those unfamiliar with this technology to be able to relate to something they already know about, in this case an EQ.

So where do I get a convolver?

This is KeFIR
Download KeFIR Freeware

This is from our Friend Lepou and this is the one I would recommend. Its called LeCab
The second download from the bottom is LeCab
LeCab version 1

So great, now you've got your cabinets all figured, what about a head?
Generally what happens is you load a head and place the cabinet after it, just like in the real world. So you must have a DAW(Which is just a fancy name for recording software). It stands for Digital Audio Workstation.

About getting DAW...
It won't cost you right away, you can go and download the trial version of Reaper and its good for 30 days, then it will popup a warning every time you load it after 30 days. What I respect most about this company, is that they did not cripple it even after your 30 days has expired, it continues to run. It is expected though that you pay for it at that time. The cost is more than reasonable at like 60 dollars or around there. You can get Reaper here..
Reaper Download

There is also Acoustica Mixcraft at around the same price and they also have a demo version, although I believe theirs has limitations. On a side note, I designed and wrote the Guitar amp simulator that is shipped as part of Mixcraft 5
Acoustica Mixcraft is available here
Get Mixcraft

Now you need a head, we have taken care of the DAW, The Cabinet Loader(convolver), the Cabinets(the free Marshall Cab)
There are many freeware guitar amp heads available, obviously mine are free, Lepou's, Nick Crow, Ongel, Destructivator are just a few names to google.
For now, let's use one of mine,

Now before I get jumped on again, because I probably will. I only chose to use mine because I know where the instructional videos are. We did a series of them to help people use this software in exactly this type of scenario.
If this is spam, then sorry...I am only trying to answer about 3 or 4 users that did not know what the post was for. If anyone knows of another video that explains this exact scenario, then by all means point everyone to that.

This is the series 60 head from our Preampus Metal Line, you can download it here.
Preampus Series 60

Assuming that you have downloaded reaper...
This is part of a series of instructional videos we did explaining how to use and download our software. We have covered many DAWS, this particular video is for Reaper..
Using the Series 60 Head in Reaper

Now what is important in this video is the part about where he places the files after download. Each DAW has a special folder that it uses to store plugin effects. This is where you copy the DLL files to. Once you have installed Reaper, you can find out where the special folder is by going to.. the Options menu then at the bottom the preferences selection. That will popup a dialog box that has selections listed on the left side of it. Select VST. At the top of the dialog will be a text box that contains a path, that path is where the plugins(dll files) should be placed. If there is no Path in that text box, then simply add one and place your plugins there.
This goes for the Convolver as well. The Marshall Cabinet wav files you can place anywhere you like as you will be using the convolver to load them.

Assuming you have downloaded Acoustica Mix Craft, I have no video showing you how to use the Series 60, but this video does show you most if the steps you'll need to know. So, although not ideal for our scenario, it will show you the specific steps you need to take..
Mixcraft Acoustica Video

I hope that helps and gets you started if you are interested in this type of thing. I'm a tube head from way back, so it took me a while to embrace them

Hopefully my last posting here was not disruptive, but either way, this will be my last post here at UG. We are not here to disrupt the community and I spend way more time defending myself than I do actually talking about what I love. I realized after the post that it was in the wrong place I apologize for that, and most certainly for my earlier outburst.

Thanks for the support, and to those that call me a spammer, sorry to you for disrupting your day.

Thanks
-Ken
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
I even made a post t the community at that time asking if anyone would have any problems with it.

i remember this, you're making assembly language plug in's?

Quote by JohnnyMcFly
Then all of a sudden someone started calling me a spammer and we left the forum for about 7 months or so.

i am a little embarrassed you were treated like that, but at the same time i read the first post and thought the same thing. the main reason i felt this way is because you see these things all the time late at night (EST anyway). we have become very mistrustful of anything commercial looking and are quick to 'purge' our forums of such 'attacks' as to keep down the spam threads (we need the space for our 'which amp?' threads).

Quote by JohnnyMcFly
So as much as I like this community, for the most part, I can't really see us sticking around here any longer, I mean really, if this is what we're going to get for giving away freebies, then its not worth it to cause this type of distress to the community.

i am not trying to excuse our behavior and how we have treated you, but maybe a link to your initial thread, or some way of letting people know your aren't one of those guys advertising something we want with a link to an asian escort service (that is true btw). a link to an old thread, or even just a reference to a mod like jof or roc would probably disarm use considerably.

Quote by JohnnyMcFly
But really, I don't want to have to keep defending a gift, and I simply lost my temper at having to do so. Thats why the outburst, its not usually in my character to speak to people like that.

it can be easy to happen on these forums at times, but our memories are shorter than our genitals here anyway so you won't really hurt any feelings.

Quote by JohnnyMcFly
Its plain to see that some members of this community do not want us to do this here, so, we just simply won't...UG is one of 108 forums that we frequent. It is the only forum that I thought highly enough of to go back to, you guys have a great community...
KM

it's like anything, great at times and not so great at others. there are times that this forum can be like screaming at a wall, at other times you really help someone out. i guess we gotta take the good with the bad.

if the bad is too much for yah, then i really regret that, but you do have to weigh whether a task is worth the trouble and we can be difficult. hopefully we can remain interesting and polite enough for some free software.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 6, 2010,
Sorry if i'm being "that noob" but how do I connect my guitar to the computer to try out these cab effects? This sounds interesting!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.