Basically I have a laptop with a Turion processor which Line 6 have said will not give enough power to the POD Studio GX. They recommended I buy a powered USB hub to connect the GX to and then everything should work just fine. I would just like to know if any UG'ers have tried this and if it does work?

If not.. could anyone recommended me a decent interface with just one guitar input like the Pod Studio GX

Thanks UG'ers
Last edited by Xerius at Sep 4, 2010,
so Line6 is saying the USB port will not have enough power to run the small GX because of the type of processor in the computer itself?!?!?!? CRAZY!!!

Ok so it's likely on systems where you are running on battery and have many things plugged in but I've only see that issue come up when people have used many unpowered USB hubs and have plugged in things to all ports. HOWEVER it's not related to the processor type or speed.

Get the GX and plug it in, I highly doubt you'll have any power issue on your laptop.
If you do, get a powered USB hub, they are cheap anyways.

Just be sure to meet and give buffer to the minimum specs of the software on the line6 website.
Yeah I bought a UX2 and it came up with that problem so I had to return it.. they have had a lot of problems apparently running their products on laptops with Turion processors and it all comes down to what they see as powering problems.

Thanks for the advice moody I'm sure they I will be able to return it even if it doesn't work but it's just a major hassle having to go through it all
Quote by moody07747

Get the GX and plug it in, I highly doubt you'll have any power issue on your laptop.
If you do, get a powered USB hub, they are cheap anyways.

Actually, Turion processors are known for failing to support the Line 6 studio line-products.
If that's the case are there any other interfaces which have just 1 input like the Studio GX which I could buy? My budget is around £100