hi, yesterday, I changed my strings, as I normally do every month or 2, although this time I bought my strings from a different shop, which only stocked 9's (I usualy use 10's) so anyway, I put them on correctly as I always do, tuned up etc. and every thing was fine, apart from I get a lot of fret buzz on the low E'string, I have tried changing the action and re-intonating it, but it wont go away, it starts of as a small ammount on the 1st fret, and gets worse, it is very bad at the 12th, and keeps getting worse until there is just noise on the 22nd fret. what happened, and how can I fix it?
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Quote by Aliasaria
Is the truss rod or fret board warped in any way?

nope, theyre both fine
Gear

Hello
Smaller strings have less tension for a given pitch. Your truss rod might need to be adjusted to bring back more neck relief. I go .010, but some setups have more.
Quote by kenfrazee@gmail
Smaller strings have less tension for a given pitch. Your truss rod might need to be adjusted to bring back more neck relief. I go .010, but some setups have more.

So basically, put 10's on or adjust the truss? It was perfect with 10's on before hand
Gear

Hello
Yep, there will be less neck relief with 9's if it was set up for 10's. If you can put some 10's on it, that should fix your problem, or you could loosen the truss rod slightly.