Page 1 of 2
This is pretty badass. They should've given the originals for comparison.

Best. Hair. Ever.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
LIES

color didn't exist in the world back then
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
there were colors back then? oh.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Wow. Those are some amazing photographs. It's nice to see images from that time in color so you can really see what places really looked like. Not how they looked with shades.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by smartalec007
*Hat Picture*
Best. Hair. Ever.

Luz if you were being serious
Amazing! I had always asumed Russia was a gray wasteland, even in color film. like this:
(Invalid img)
or this:
(Invalid img)
I have to tell myself that they're not from a film or something. That's actually the past.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Amazing!. I'd seen two of those (#2 and #28) while lurking in wikipedia a while ago, but I've been blown away by the rest of the pictures. It's pretty neat, that Prokudin-Gorskii guy did a great job.

Quote by Demon Wolf
LIES

color didn't exist in the world back then

Did you read that description at the beginning?.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Last edited by Antoine-Øleg at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I have to tell myself that they're not from a film or something. That's actually the past.

I had that some problem.

Amazing photographs, such a rare thing to get an accurate picture of what the world was really like back then.
Quote by bogeaqyt
Amazing! I had always asumed Russia was a gray wasteland, even in color film. like this:
(Invalid img)
or this:
(Invalid img)

Well yeah, just not a hundred years ago it wasn't.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Looks awesome. I wanna go to the cathedral in pic #15
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Beautiful
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Confusius
So... people weren't black and white back then?

This.

EDIT : WAIT, NO. There are black and white people today too...And yellow...and...brown-ish...Y'know! /unserious
Gear :

Jackson JS32T King V
Vox VT40+
Stagg C542
Wow, as a long time pro large format film photographer, I had heard about pics taken like this but never seen them. Amazing stuff, thanks for posting!
This is absolutely incredible, I've seen something like this before but I think it might have been a different set of pictures. It's amazing though, I know I always think of that time in black and white, seeing real images in color like that is just astounding.
Quote by a7xplayer
I never even knew that color camera's existed back then. Those pictures are amazing.

I don't think they did. The article says the photographer took 3 different filtered pictures quickly and then combined them to get color.
Wow, these are brilliant...
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Wow, thats awesome. Thanks for posting.

Its weirdly haunting and depressing looking at these. For example when I first saw the dog I went "awwww " because my first subconcious reaction was to assume from the quality that it is a modern-day dog. But nope...poor guy probly died almost a hundred years ago Same goes for everybody else in the photos. Weird man.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Old photos are old. Both in age and coming-to-light. Still awesome, but old.

It's odd though, even though part of my ancestry is from Russia, I always figured it was a snowy wasteland.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193

It's odd though, even though part of my ancestry is from Russia, I always figured it was a snowy wasteland.

It's ****ing huge even then. They get a bit of everything

These pics are absolutely amazing!
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Last edited by leeb rocks at Sep 9, 2010,
Page 1 of 2