hello, i'm looking for any distortion pedal that can give me the best metal tone there is. the pedal doesnt have to be versitle or whatever, it just has to able to give me the Br00tz. you know what i mean?

my budget is big enough to buy any pedal there is, so dont worry about that.

a pedal for metal. any advice (doesnt matter wich brand or anything)?

thank you
Dr. Boogie (or Boogey; you'll have to get someone to build this for you. Sounds like a Recto)
Dual Resistafier (Dual Rec-sounding)
Wampler Pinnacle (Marshally, but more of a classic Marshall sound. Can do metal with cranked gain though)
Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 (Supposedly Mesa Mark-ish sounding)
Hardwire TL-2

Just a few pedals off the top of my head that will do br00tz.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I don't wanna be that guy who goes "what amp?" but honestly there's no distortion pedal on the market that will give you the impact a good metal amp's drive will give you. Since you have a budget for pretty much anything, that gonna be your best bet. So to ask the inevitable question, what amp do you have?
metal muff. it can do other genres too, which is pretty rare in a pedal with the word metal in it.

but if you really have unlimited money

tube screamer and bogner uberschall
if you already have a decent amp, something all tube, get yourself an ibanez original issue tube screamer, f ing a man f ing a, i pretty sure suicide silence use tube screamers (at least one of their guitarist does, so that should give you an idea of the achievable brutaltiy) it just seems to smooth out natrual amp orverdrive and gives you a really f-ing heavy distortion, unyet still with well defined sound, works a treat with my bugera 6262 head and esp ltd seven string.
" It's about how it sounds, not how it's played "

F@CK EVERYTHING

Why be sober when you can
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Boss Metal Zone MT-2

Another pedal which can do other genres too, btw.

No...just no. I tried one that my friend had...it's horrible.

TS, if you're dead-set on a pedal, get the Barber Dirty Bomb or the Hardwire TL-2. But like someone else said, you're probably gonna go a whole lot farther by getting a good metal amp, if you don't already have one.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Boss Metal Zone MT-2

Not sure if serious..

TS if you want a pedal the ones Raj listed are all awesome and i'd add in a Barber Dirty Bomb and a Blackstar Dist X but a good amp is the key to good tone
I hope you're not trying to patch up a bigger problem, though it sounds like you are.

What amp are you using?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Boss Metal Zone MT-2

It really can't.
It can do HISS incredibly well though!

What amp you got TS?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Cheesepuff
metal muff. it can do other genres too, which is pretty rare in a pedal with the word metal in it.

but if you really have unlimited money

tube screamer and bogner uberschall

+1

metal muff is the best for under a hundred bucks. Its a really really good metal pedal. But you always get a Modded MT2 From Keeley which i heard sounds pretty good. There is also the Boss HM2 Which is around ebay and sounds great. Then theres the AMT Electronic Pedals which have clones of drifferent amps in each pedal.
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Wampler Triple Wreck
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by bartnijman
hello, i'm looking for any distortion pedal that can give me the best metal tone there is.

Hate to be the one to say it, but get a new amp if you claim money isn't an issue.
i currently own a cheap solidstate (line 6 spider IV), an i'm saving up for the ENGL Powerball II and a Framus 212 cabinet. though, i'm not allowed to buy one untill i get out of my house (i'm 16 now). so i want to get a good metal pedal that will give me a good tone, and in 2/3 years, when i have my tube head, i will (probably) sell the pedal again. thats the whole story.

now, i have viewed some of your options. so far, i'm liking the:
Wampler Triple Wreck
Hardwire TL2
Barber Dirty Bomb
Metal Muff

i have also encountered this pedal: the ModTone Extreme Metal Pedal. is it any good? i think it sounds great though.

from these 5 pedals:
i nearly climaxed when i listened to the wampler. OMFG WHAT A GREAT PEDAL. very versitle, from the Br00tz to the standard rock tones. f*cking awesome. it does cost a lot (200 euros, not used), but its ****ing great. i'm definitly not selling it if i get this pedal.

i'm not sure if i will get this pedal. but the point of this thread, for me, getting an idea of some pedals, and i will do some research for myself etc. and THEN i'll think about actually buying the pedal.

Thanx a lot guys.

except for the guy that suggested the mt2. 1)its not versitle (not even a bit) and 2) its just not good. just not good...

thanks again guys