Anyone here have any experience with this pack? I've been using EZDrummer and now Addictive Drums for a while and the samples with SSD are just phenomenal. I suppose my question is, how is the interface for mixing and editing, and could you run MIDI maps through them and have the VSTi play them back.
Tools Of The Trade:

2006 Jackson DXMG Dinky
Alesis Q49 USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller
Line 6 Guitarport Interface
Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4
Cakewalk SONAR 8 Producer Edition
Slate Drums is pretty much exactly like EZDrummer, with the only exception that it doesn't come with a Drag'n'Drop MIDI groove library like EZD does. Also, the drum map is a little different to EZD, but it just takes a little editing.
the interface is awesome, its a basic kontakt player with some tweaks. yes you can route the channel path into your DAW. you can definitely use premade midi loops but you do need to remap the hits as the mapping is a bit off like coreys monster says. it does actually come with a small midi library that you can download from their website. if possible i'd recommend getting a copy of both mappings so that you can transpose the mapping if needed.

not to sound like a bad commercial but thats one of the few programs i think is worth the $$$.
Last edited by z4twenny at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by z4twenny
the interface is awesome, its a basic kontakt player with some tweaks. yes you can route the channel path into your DAW. you can definitely use premade midi loops but you do need to remap the hits as the mapping is a bit off like coreys monster says. it does actually come with a small midi library that you can download from their website. if possible i'd recommend getting a copy of both mappings so that you can transpose the mapping if needed.

not to sound like a bad commercial but thats one of the few programs i think is worth the $$$.

Outside of maybe Guitar Rig and Addictive drums I've been skeptical about VSTi software but after many YouTube videos and the samples from the website I'm definitely impressed. I am mostly interested because of my covers, I can get a decent drum sound from AD for my originals, but when I do covers it seems I can never get a solid enough drum sound for my liking.

As for the midi mapping I've found the MIDI File Mapper program to be the greatest tool for fixing hits. Going from Guitar Pro to Addictive Drums would be a headache without it.
Tools Of The Trade:

2006 Jackson DXMG Dinky
^ personally i'll probably never use addictive drums again unless i really just want that specific sound from one of the kits.
Yeah you could be right about that, I'm sure I'd fall head over heels in love with SSD. I just can't pull myself away from the audio samples on the website. As much as I am saving my pennies for a Krank amp, this looks like it'll be a definite purchase for me.
Tools Of The Trade:

2006 Jackson DXMG Dinky