I got new strings on my guitar and they have been worn in i think (theyre 10.5 gauge), but when i play the low E string and then move my hand off I get this annoying buzzing sound. It isnt fret buzz, the action is really high. But i can tell its the string hitting the fret. Even in standard tuning. Can I fix this or should i go back to .10s?
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Quote by hobo slayr
It isnt fret buzz, the action is really high. But i can tell its the string hitting the fret.

Contradicting statement much?

It might be something else on the guitar buzzing, I know the washers on my tuners buzz sometimes. And if the string is hitting the fret, then that IS fret buzz. If the action is already high then you could see if one of the frets is particularly high and sand it down a little. If you aren't experienced with fixing things you should probably just take it into a guitar shop.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

lol no its not fret buzz.. its hard to explain.. but ok ill try those
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Well, does it affect the amplified sound?
If not, just don't worry about it
well no, i think it might be some fretboard cleaner and i didnt wipe it off enough so its making the string stick to the fret..
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Quote by hobo slayr
well no, i think it might be some fretboard cleaner and i didnt wipe it off enough so its making the string stick to the fret..

If the string is touching the fret at any point and that is the cause of the buzz.....that is actually called fret buzz.

It's not like your frets just buzz randomly on their own acting independent of everything else.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.