I found the song Explosive Corrosive Joseph by John Schroeder in the ocean's 12 soundtrack. I love the lead guitar's fuzz.

anyone have any idea what kind of fuzz pedal would achieve this sound? I've tried the jim dunlop fuzz face, and it didn't do what I was looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jv_IjEWcEA

this is a video i found which has the music in the backround.

thanks for any help
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by P.B.
I found the song Explosive Corrosive Joseph by John Schroeder in the ocean's 12 soundtrack. I love the lead guitar's fuzz.

anyone have any idea what kind of fuzz pedal would achieve this sound? I've tried the jim dunlop fuzz face, and it didn't do what I was looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jv_IjEWcEA

this is a video i found which has the music in the backround.

thanks for any help

From the sound of the tone it sounds like a marshall plexi type tone with a Fender strat. ( or the tone or single coil pickups ) Loads of crunch!

Try a Maxon, Ibanez, or BBE tube screamer. they are pretty close to this tone.
Or go with the amp's natural tone!
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, i'll try that. currently my amp is a marshall vintage modern through a les paul. i get a decent fuzz tone when the amp is turned down a little, and i'm on the neck pickup-but when i turn up to jam the fuzz isn't as strong.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by P.B.
ok, i'll try that. currently my amp is a marshall vintage modern through a les paul. i get a decent fuzz tone when the amp is turned down a little, and i'm on the neck pickup-but when i turn up to jam the fuzz isn't as strong.

Most les paul, sg style, or in other words guitars with humbuckers wont produce a very nice fuzzy crunch, being they are used do "buck the hum" associated with more gain than usual. Primarily your basic rock to searing Metal. Strats have singles and arent used in metal because it produces alot of hum and squeal. Therefor, they are amazing for that mild crunch and fuzz tone. take hendrix for example, Marshall plexi and a strat vs say... idk...like a kirk hammet esp or paul waggoner ibanez?

(i know that this isnt a "setting forum" but try killing some low end, add some treble, light gain, and mids moderate (half way). You might be able to pull of some serious fuzzage with that =D
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------