So I really love my new Alexi 600, but the passive EMG HZ is just sort of not really doing it for me anymore, and I'm lookin for a change. I'm looking to get a really, really hot pickup. Like, more output than a Duncan JB. Cleans are not of importance in this one, as I have 2 other guitars. I'm pretty sure I could go active without any routing, since I can fit 2 9 volt batteries, with a little room to spare (I tried it out).

I've been looking at a couple pickups, and I want to hear what you guys think. Also, if you know of another good pickup I could get, I would love to hear about it. Btw, I play mostly metal like Children of Bodom and Megadeth

Here are the pickups I've been looking at:
SD Custom Custom
SD Distortion
EMG 81
DiMarzio Evo

So which one of these, or any other pickups, do you guys think would be best for me? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean to be a hassle, but I would really, really prefer for the pickups to be some that you could get in store at guitar center, or least be able to get them from GC or MF
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Last edited by simpleben09 at Sep 4, 2010,
DiMarzio D-Sonic is a solid Bridge pickup, and you can flip it upside down for a different tone if you don't like it the right side up. It works for me when playing Metallica/Death Angel/Anything else metal great
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Lundgren M6.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
I hate to bump, but I really want some help with these pickups
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

For active check blackouts, and live wire Dave mustaines

passive, if mahogany go dimarzio d sonic or d activator

might also check the x2n

what are the specifics on the guitar? Wood and such

and what type of amp and sound you want?

That will allow better suggestions
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
For active check blackouts, and live wire Dave mustaines

passive, if mahogany go dimarzio d sonic or d activator

might also check the x2n

what are the specifics on the guitar? Wood and such

and what type of amp and sound you want?

That will allow better suggestions

It's alder, so I don't want too bright of a pickup. My amp is a B-52 AT 112. And I already said what sort of sound I want
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father