to leave it in Eb tuning, with the lowest string tuned to Db?
It is an Epi SG400, which i usually use in standard drop D, but i tuned it down a half step for some songs (playing with Ernie Ball Super Sinky's (9's)). Will i need to change string gauge or tune back up in order to keep my guitar in shape? Or will it be okay?
Thanks
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Thanks
Might keep it there then
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Certainly won't cause any harm by keeping it there. Personally though, I would get a set of Power Slinkys to put on it. But thats just me, 9's will work.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I found that with keeping mine tuned to D Standard wtih Ernie Ball Super Slinkies the neck warped and i started getting fret and string buzz where i didn't get it before O.o.

A real pain in the ass.
Quote by Afroboy267
I found that with keeping mine tuned to D Standard wtih Ernie Ball Super Slinkies the neck warped and i started getting fret and string buzz where i didn't get it before O.o.

A real pain in the ass.

super slinkies + 2 step down = you shouldnt have put it that situation in the first place. :/
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
super slinkies + 2 step down = you shouldnt have put it that situation in the first place. :/

I know! It was stupid but it wound up having a massive effect on the neck. Still isn't sorted so i'm taking it to my local guitar shop next week sometime :/.