Page 1 of 2
I would imagine that Lord Vicar is relatively unheard of is because it is relatively generic and uncommunicative. This album came out the same year as Pagan Altar's. Pagan Altar eclipses this work, so it's not suprising that this was looked over.
I thought that Pagan Altar album was ok, but nothing special.

And I don't know about you, but over the course of a year, I think most people can just about handle listening to more than one album from the same genre and enjoying them both.

edit: what are you on about, pagan alters latest release was 06, or 07 with the split, Fear No Pain came out in 08.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Sep 4, 2010,
I agree. I feel that both aren't anything special.

With bands like Yob and Eyehategod, and recently Divine Eve it's easy to forget about this less than stellar release.
Quote by lilboisX3
I would imagine that Lord Vicar is relatively unheard of is because it is relatively generic and uncommunicative. This album came out the same year as Pagan Altar's. Pagan Altar eclipses this work, so it's not surprising that this was looked over.

Pagan Altars releases get better and better, even if they are 30 years old
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I fail to see how you can really talk about Lord Vicar and YOB and EHG as if they are similar bands musically.

They all are variations on doom. You can hear the blatant sabbath worship in Eyehategod. I would dare say that YOB, EHG and Divine Eve provide more than Lord Vicar because they have taken the blueprint and expanded upon it. Whereas Lord Vicar is a bland continuation of outdated ideas. IF they (he) had provided us with something more engaging (like the modern underground Incantation worship for example), it would be entirely forgivable and worthy of praise.
Quote by lilboisX3
I would imagine that Lord Vicar is relatively unheard of is because it is relatively generic and uncommunicative. This album came out the same year as Pagan Altar's. Pagan Altar eclipses this work, so it's not suprising that this was looked over.

Whilst I adore Pagan Altar...you cant really compare the two albums man. Pagan Altar sound like noone else , while Lord Vicar are a Sabbath/early Trouble mix. I think 'Fear No Pain' is an excellent release. Missed their gigs here on account of me being a complete workaholic.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
For those interested, they are playing Doomsday III at the Snooty Fox in Wakefield which has a live stream for all its gigs (or so I'm told) so you should be able to watch them live tonight.

Their set time is 9:10 - 10:30 (GMT), and the Snooty's website is here http://snootyfoxlive.com/

the rest of the line up is
Lord Vicar - 9.10 - 10.30pm
The Lamp Of Thoth - 7.50 - 8.50pm
Asomvel - 6.45 - 7.30pm
BREAK - 5.45 - 6.45pm
Iron Void - 5.00 - 5.45pm
Serpent Venom - 4.00 - 4.40pm
Groan - 3.00 - 3.40pm
Dead Existence - 2.00 - 2.40pm

so if anyone fancies some doom today, there you go.
Lord Vicar is one of those bands where the execution exceeds the originality

Crushing is what it needs to be, and crushing is what it is
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I downloaded it. First impression: This is pretty good, but The Puritan is clearly the superior Rev Biz side project, with Orne close behind.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Nah Spiritus Mortis takes the biscuit there Im afraid.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
For those interested, they are playing Doomsday III at the Snooty Fox in Wakefield which has a live stream for all its gigs (or so I'm told) so you should be able to watch them live tonight.

Their set time is 9:10 - 10:30 (GMT), and the Snooty's website is here http://snootyfoxlive.com/

the rest of the line up is
Lord Vicar - 9.10 - 10.30pm
The Lamp Of Thoth - 7.50 - 8.50pm
Asomvel - 6.45 - 7.30pm
BREAK - 5.45 - 6.45pm
Iron Void - 5.00 - 5.45pm
Serpent Venom - 4.00 - 4.40pm
Groan - 3.00 - 3.40pm
Dead Existence - 2.00 - 2.40pm

so if anyone fancies some doom today, there you go.

That's absolutely cracking. I'm going to get some popcorn in for The Lamp of Thoth and hook the laptop up to the telly.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Ive been watching it all so far, and its pretty good, except the audio (which I must say is very good quality for a live stream) is ever so slightly ahead of the video. But its not terrible.
But seeing as it is essentially a free concert I can't really complain.
Quote by Stranglehold

Though Spiritus Mortis had already existed for two decades before Sami joined it

Awesome band. Awesome album.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Stranglehold

Fair enough, but I'm not counting them because they didn't form because Rev Biz broke up.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I'm highly fond of The Demon Of Freedom EP as well, easily on a par with the album

Been watching that live stream thingy for a while now, Iron Void were great
Asomvel and especially Lamp Of Thoth should be awesome, unfortunately have to go to sleep before Lord Vicar

Goyim! Goyim!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Great band,i love the demo.Really cool vibe they got going on,and the guitar solos are fantastic!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Not nearly enough love for the band in this thread... I've grown to love Fear No Pain more than assorted bits of the Rev, even, that's how good it is.

Christian is no competition for Mr Witchfinder, of course, but his vocals have a very distinctly amateurish quality that makes them so charming, coupled with heaps of conviction... not to mention the songs themselves, which are brilliant almost all the way through. Peter's signature guitar tone is like icing on the cake of doom.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Dec 28, 2010,
Fear No Pain oozes with emotion. Christian's vocals, just like in Count Raven, are done with the utmost of passion and conviction (like tree said), and Peter's guitar work perfectly complements his vocals I think. The vocals and riffs alike are both drenched in sorrow and despair. I find this a very depressing (in a good way) album to listen through, and I can tell I will be coming back to this one for a very long time.
Excellent band. Keppy summed my thoughts up perfectly

I'll just go on the record and state my thoughts that "The Funeral Pyre" is the Doom "Stairway to Heaven" in a literal equalised sense. Listen and think about it for a minute.
Quote by Kepulix
I love the sound of doom in the morning, it sounds like... victory
I'm especially fond of that shamelessly psychedelic breakdown about two minutes in.

You can order the album and other assorted Lord V. stuff here.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Lord Vicar just confirmed they're supporting Pentagram in December here with none other than one Earl Of Void playing the drums.

I'm not sure if it's hoping way too much that Sami would join them and play some Reverend Bizarre songs...

I'm guessing they're getting local bands to support? Bad news for me... But who cares, it's PENTAGRAM!
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Signs of Osiris is definitely one of the best albums of the year. I wish I'd found these cunts earlier.
I wish I could find a distro in the States that's selling copies of this already. From what I've heard, this will be one of the best albums I've listened to this year.
Page 1 of 2