I dont know how many of you guys have a Peavey Vyper, but I was just wondering what are some of the presets you have made. I'm still a little bit confused about it and would like to know how to get a good sounding preset made. If you could also tell what kind of music you play with that preset, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
I'll show you my dark secret!
well i have a vyper, but i dont really have a preset, i just turn my gain down and the frequencies as well, so i dont get unnessecary sludgieness, i play mostly hard rock, heavy metal, some reggae, punk, jazz, and blues as well.
I just find an amp model I like and EQ it from there. I add effects and reverb whatnot later. If it helps, I play metal and such.
Well i don't use the presets too much but i kinda match the amp models and effects to the bands i want by memory e.g.

Recto is for Tool/Metallica/Avenged Sevenfold/ (Any band with a rich thick distortion)
Krankenstein is for Pantera.. (obviously)
Diezel for Pantera as well and as a general metal lead channel
JSX for satch of course
6505 for anything beyond heavy metal such as death/technical. eq a bit with it for some thrash
XXX is awesome and just for general heavy metal

I use tubescreamer and classic amps on the right for old school heavy metal, like sabbath and maiden

umm... fender twin + fuzz = smashing pumpkins..

Just name what your bands are and ill make a suggestion, there too much to list tbh
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Well I'm kind of a Grunger. I have a pretty decent Nirvana tone, but bands like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, or Pearl Jam I could use help with. But yeah, a good Alternative Rock setting would be amazing for me. And thanks for the Smashing Pumpkins setting
I'll show you my dark secret!
Quote by Laysrgood
Well I'm kind of a Grunger. I have a pretty decent Nirvana tone, but bands like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, or Pearl Jam I could use help with. But yeah, a good Alternative Rock setting would be amazing for me. And thanks for the Smashing Pumpkins setting

No prob, anyway for Alt rock you're gonna want to try
A. the classic channels (red) with a bit of gain from tube screamer
B. The modern channels (green) with a bit of gain from tubescreamer as well
C. Dittoed but instead of tube screamer you can use Xboost or X wild (use with green)

I wish i could help a bit more because only last week i was playing Rusty Cage, but if you need any more help on the SP settings i could go into a lot more detail; album by album

If i remember correctly tube screamer with a vintage amp model gets a near perfect Nevermind tone as well
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Last edited by adj209 at Sep 4, 2010,