The footswitch on my EHX Deluxe Memory man makes a loud 'pop' noise whenever I click when I activate it. Do i need to replace the switch in it or what? Give me some insight on what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance
Check how high your 'Level' setting is at. From what I've heard/experienced with my Tubescreamer, the pedal will match the amp's volume level once it hits around the 75% (Level set at 7 or 8) mark. I think I can confirm this because when I have my TS turned on and put the level below 75%, there is an annoying crackling/popping sound.

TL;DR - Put your level at 75% or more and see how that works.
Its caused by charge being stored in the capacitors, one of the negatives of true bypass really.

You can add pull down resistors from the input to stop the popping noise.

Basically follow the wires from the input jack to the switch, the lug above or below it will lead to the circuit board input. Attatch a 1->4.7meg resistor to this lug and ground it to the sleeve of one of the jacks.

You may have to mess about with values. Its an easy mod though, takes very little experiance.
Quote by polishedbullet
Check how high your 'Level' setting is at. From what I've heard/experienced with my Tubescreamer, the pedal will match the amp's volume level once it hits around the 75% (Level set at 7 or 8) mark. I think I can confirm this because when I have my TS turned on and put the level below 75%, there is an annoying crackling/popping sound.

TL;DR - Put your level at 75% or more and see how that works.

Tried that and it worked! thanks! I'll try the mod if it becomes a problem again.