I've been looking into getting another guitar and just wanted some suggestions (this would be my first time buying). Pretty much the only things I would want are an Floyd Rose/Floating Tremolo, a humbucker in the bridge position, preferably 24 frets, and a fairly low price. I would mostly use this guitar for metal. Any input would be great
Ibanez S series with a pup swap would be my suggestion,since I believe they're making mid-range 24 fret S models now and they have the ZR trem,which IMO is the best trem you can find on cheaper guitars.

Or check the used market for an MIJ RG model that has an original edge.

Edit: Also check out some old Kramer models on the used market.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Sep 4, 2010,
Wanna buy my single-p'up RG Prestige?
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
Wanna buy my single-p'up RG Prestige?

Edge Pro?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Edge Pro?

Yep. Blocked right now, because I never use the damn thing. I'm just waiting to offload it so I can buy that AL-3100 with a tweed case

GC's rolling a Ibanez RG around $324 with an Edge III and 24 jumbos and a humbucker bridge this weekend, if you hurry.
Recent Activity: Powerslave solo cover
Gear:

Fender Starcaster
Ibanez RG5EX1(sold off because asians Edge III)
Dean Vendetta 2.0

Line 6 Spider IV 30
Quote by Forever Yours
GC's rolling a Ibanez RG around $324 with an Edge III and 24 jumbos and a humbucker bridge this weekend, if you hurry.

Edge III tremolos are very cheap. inferior metals, cheap construction, they wear out WAAAAAY too fast.

Quote by LoudLove5150
Edge III tremolos are very cheap. inferior metals, cheap construction, they wear out WAAAAAY too fast.

Indeed.

It's odd that the company who has made so many advancements in the double locking trem field would also make some of the worst trems out there (lo-trs and the edge III)

Quote by DrFrankenstrat
I've been looking into getting another guitar and just wanted some suggestions (this would be my first time buying). Pretty much the only things I would want are an Floyd Rose/Floating Tremolo, a humbucker in the bridge position, preferably 24 frets, and a fairly low price. I would mostly use this guitar for metal. Any input would be great

clarify what cheap means to you. keep in mind that you get what you pay for. cheap floyds are usually crap.
LTD MH-50
it comes with 2 humbuckers and a special floyd rose
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-50
Boss ME-70
Dunlop GCB95(Red Fasel)
Ibanez RG8BK
PodHD300

Rest Easy Gooze

Quote by jpnyc
I once used a Jackson V to play Wildwood Flower. The ghosts of Randy Rhoads and Mother Maybelle Carter made my walls bleed for a week.
Quote by Csoldier83
LTD MH-50
it comes with 2 humbuckers and a special floyd rose

ZR>MH 50's liscenced floyd /or any FR special
An Ibanez 'S' series is a fantastic guitar at any price point but if you want a really good quality locking trem for a minimal outlay then it's a no-brainer. They've just recently started doing 24 fret models at the mid price point but if you can't run to that, please, just give up the extra 2 frets and get one of the cheaper 22 fret models. It's not like you're going to spend that much time on those frets anyway and there is nothing else for that price that gives you such a good locking trem.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I hardly ever use the tremolo, but the ZR on my Ibanez S-series seems to be less of a pain than the Floyd on my Washburn. One thing I've learned about the Floyd Rose is that you should not go cheap. The cheaper ones are just not in the same league as the Original Floyd. So if you want a Floyd, go big or go home.

The one advantage to a licensed Floyd is that at some point you can easily rip it out and replace it with a good one. If you love the guitar but aren't crazy about the licensed Floyd, then that is always an option.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley