I have decided that i need an overdrive pedal to take my tone to the next level. I want something to take my cleans to something like zz top or srv and to tighten up my distortion and push it a little bit further. I use a dean michael schenker through an ht-5. Budget is under $80.
Quote by obeyourmasterrr
I have decided that i need an overdrive pedal to take my tone to the next level. I want something to take my cleans to something like zz top or srv and to tighten up my distortion and push it a little bit further. I use a dean michael schenker through an ht-5. Budget is under $80.

Used Tubescreamer? Or maybe a used Fulltone OCD if you're lucky.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Ibanez TS7.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
danelectro cool cat drive AND transparent overdrive, trust me you won't regret and u can go from boost to crunch with awesome tone
Ibanez Iceman MIK 2005
Orange Dual Terror
Vox v110nt cab

DIY BSIAB
Danelectro CC TOD-1

Quote by Jay Nocta
danelectro cool cat drive AND transparent overdrive, trust me you won't regret and u can go from boost to crunch with awesome tone

This

Or

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Bluesdrive-Classic-Overdrive-Pedal-Fat-Sweet-Lead-tones_p_1077.html

Or

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Greenie-Classic-Distortion-Classic-4558-quotTube-Screamerquot-tones_p_1075.html
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I can vouch for the Danelectro Cool Cat Drive. Make sure you get the 1st version though. Side by side it isn't much different sounding than a Fulltone OCD. At $30 ...you can't really go wrong.

That being said..if I had extra money to spend...say money wasn't an option, then I'd be much more apt to support the small business option and buy a Fulltone OCD off the bat.
An Electro-harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff! You can trace the sounds from the 40s to the 90's. !
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Bad monkey......
I'm backing the Bad Monkey on this one. I used an OCD, a BBE Green Screamer, a TS9 and a $30 Bad Monkey in front of my HT-5 (when I had one) and the Monkey was the clear winner. The OCD was a better standalone dirt-box but it fell on it's face when you tried to use it as a boost (imo). The BM on the other hand was a good dirt box and a superb boost (again, imo).
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...