On my headphones i have plugged into my M-Audio Fast Track Pro theres a metal coil around a part of the cable coming out from the jack input end. And whenever i touch it with the front of my hand it feels fine. But when i accidently touched it with my elbow the other day i got a small, constant shock from it. Like a constant static shock. It also happens on the back of my thumb.

Anyone know why this happens?
That is strange, and I would replace the headphones.
It could be a broken ground connection in the cable somewhere and so that bare conductor is sending some current down the line.

AKG has the 240 MKII cans which are outstanding for the price.
However just be sure you're not using them to mix on as headphones will color the sound too much...
Quote by moody07747
That is strange, and I would replace the headphones.
It could be a broken ground connection in the cable somewhere and so that bare conductor is sending some current down the line.

AKG has the 240 MKII cans which are outstanding for the price.
However just be sure you're not using them to mix on as headphones will color the sound too much...

I've only just bought these and they're fine for what i use them for. Theres no way i'm going to replace them, lol. They cost me £135 and are made for monitoring and mixing/mastering so thats my best option as i have no money what-so-ever thanks to this bloody recession :/.

I'll contact the company about this problem, thanks though.
Quote by Afroboy267
I've only just bought these and they're fine for what i use them for. Theres no way i'm going to replace them, lol. They cost me £135 and are made for monitoring and mixing/mastering so thats my best option as i have no money what-so-ever thanks to this bloody recession :/.

I'll contact the company about this problem, thanks though.

ive had this problem with my guitar before. Is your outlet grounded? The outlet might have a 3rd prong hole, but sometimes people will not hook up the third wire in your outlet, so even when that 3rd prong is plugged in, the current has nowhere to go and comes back up at you. Trying making yourself ungrounded, then touch the metal coil. Then ground yourself and touch it again. You will prob get a little shock when you are grounded. I highly doubt its your headphones. Cheers
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on