How old were you? How many people whlere there? How was it? Where was it?

I'm playing my first on the 18th of this month, my whole band is 15-16 years old, there will be 100-200 people, its for some guys 21st birthday, there will be 4 kegs and open bar, and we have a 45 minute set, life cannot get better at this moment.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
i was 13 and i was alone. So very alone D: but anyways, 3 song set for my famz. i was paid by my mom. 50$ ftw
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
13 years old, backing for a chorus I still play in the backing band for. It was my first time playing with them, so I was actually playing an unplugged acoustic behind a curtain to double the sound without being that tall guy in the back nobody knew of(Even then I was abnormally tall).
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I think 15, unless I forgot one, at my friend's warehouse thing. We played to about 20+ kids, not including family/friends so it was a decent turn out. Was nervous as **** though, even though I shouldn't have been.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Just a few months ago.. Was like 10 people and was in a bookstore

It went good.. But our singer is awful so I don't think we made any fans
la de da.
Last edited by zgbgydug at Sep 4, 2010,
17. Senior year high school talent show. I'd guess around 200, maybe 250 people. Played Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Came in third.

Edit: I guess it wan't a gig, per se.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Sep 4, 2010,
i was about 13, the other guys in my band were 15 or 16. We sold out this little club called the CIA, probably about a hundred people.
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
I was 9 or 10, playing the saxophone in a bar. Must have been between 100-200 people.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
wait 15/16 year old band playing at 21 year old keg party?

I suggest precutting your underwear so it rips easier when they turn on you.
and coat your instruments in cellophane.

My first gig was my school battle of the bands and we did three covers. i was 16 as were my band mates except the 24 year old vocalist. we did three covers (15 minutes?) and it was to three or four hundred students.
I was nervous as sh*t. Couldn't move around. Spiked my semi long at the time hair up and ended up looking like an idiot. But felt so good afterwards.

I must've looked like a scared little kid.
Now when i get up on stage you don't even see me. You just see my malmsteen sized ego :X
It was in high school where we got together a three piece band (drums, bass and guitar (that's me)) and played instrumentals . A girl asked us to play at her birthday party and we went and played for free. Her parents was pleased the way the party went and paid us $30. Our first "paid" gig.

I think I was 15-16 then and about 10-15 people there.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by ThorVonClemson

My first gig was my school battle of the bands and we did three covers. i was 16 as were my band mates except the 24 year old vocalist. we did three covers (15 minutes?) and it was to three or four hundred students.
I was nervous as sh*t. Couldn't move around. Spiked my semi long at the time hair up and ended up looking like an idiot. But felt so good afterwards.

I must've looked like a scared little kid.
Now when i get up on stage you don't even see me. You just see my malmsteen sized ego :X

your an idiot, we've known him for awhile and have been asked to open for their band alot. Were good friends with him, I'm excited about my gig and you come in being a dick, **** you.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
13 i think, in front of about 500 people at my school.

Quote by Ir a+infinitive
your an idiot, we've known him for awhile and have been asked to open for their band alot. Were good friends with him, I'm excited about my gig and you come in being a dick, **** you.

He mad.
Last edited by BuckinFuffalo at Sep 4, 2010,
I was 15 and it was in a youth club, where we played covers, sometimes repeated, for about 2 hours, in front of about maybe 50 of our friends, and people who we had asked to come and support us.

The coolest thing was having my parents in the corner, catching it all on film. I sometimes watch it, even now, to make myself feel better about my current guitar skills, because man, did I suck.

Felt like the coolest dude alive, when I was onstage though, and my band had shared out a pilfered bottle of vodka before the gig, so needless to say, we sucked badly.
I was 16. Still am. I played with my band for a school event, we played 4 songs to 200 people. We played extremely well, we were well received, it was one of the better shows I've played.

Of course this isn't counting the period of about 3 years where I was playing at church just about every Sunday and Wednesday.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by ThorVonClemson

He joking.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Well, there were some piano recitals I did as a kid, but i don't think I count those.

When I was 17, a little over a year ago, I performed at a blues jam at a bar in downtown. Everyone I played with was a lot older and better than I was. Truth be told, I kind of choked. Like, you wouldn't know I choked unless you were a musician, it wasn't quite that bad. But I got lost on changes, and my solos were really mediocre, only notes from the pentatonic scale.

But I learned a lot from it.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
14, (July 2007)
school hall,
lunch time
100 people

Thats me with the sunburst les paul, I am still in this band. Different bassist (he was only for this gig) and different drummer that we've now had for 2 and a half years

your singer looks like Johnny Franck from Attack Attack!
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
When I was 16 at my High School Talent show. My band was just playing a Cm funk jam with one of the lead trumpet players in our school. My high e string broke 10 seconds into our set. We did pretty damn good otherwise. This one girl came up to me afterwards and started flirting with me, then we fooled around a little bit. Shit was cash.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Sep 4, 2010,
The closest to a gig I've had is concerts with the school choir
14, with my band, we were underprepared because the band after us dropped out and so we had twice the timeslot. Jammed so much, it wasn't that great either... but we survived.

I performed piano at Carnegie Hall as part of the America Fine Arts Festival. I was 13 at the time. i couldnt tell how many people were there. somewhere in the hundreds. Even though it was the AMERICAN Fine Arts Festival, most of the people there were asian and russian prodigies. I felt like an amateur. I played for about 4 minutes. One song. all memorized. im pretty proud of myself though.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
15, a girl in grade 12 needed a guitar player for our schools coffee house, which was like a small show with just acoustic songs. It went alright. Last year in grade 10 a band at our school was covering afterlife by A7X, but the rhythm player couldn't play it, so i stepped in for those, which had about 500 people +, i was nervous as hell, but it went great, other than them telling me i can't move too much cause the cable was junk and kept falling outta the amp. Same show that night i went to turn the gain up on the amps ( Our school hires a sound company to set up everything, so we had these mini-stacks of peavy something, probably vyprs, and i accidently turned the volume up and then i didn't have a chance to turn it down so i had turn my guitar volume down and i just ****ed everything up that time but it' was still good i guess. Wow I talk too much.
First paid gig was a small jazz one a couple of months ago. I've played in front of the school a few times in the last 5 years, had a lot of fun this year playing Sharp Dressed Man, Foxy Lady and Parasite with my buds and a few teachers for the school. At least 800 people in the school watching typically.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by Stud_Muffin
I was 15 and it was in a youth club, where we played covers, sometimes repeated, for about 2 hours, in front of about maybe 50 of our friends, and people who we had asked to come and support us.

The coolest thing was having my parents in the corner, catching it all on film. I sometimes watch it, even now, to make myself feel better about my current guitar skills, because man, did I suck.

Felt like the coolest dude alive, when I was onstage though, and my band had shared out a pilfered bottle of vodka before the gig, so needless to say, we sucked badly.

Even the pros had their bad days so I wouldn't feel too bad about my flubs.

Nevertheless it feels good to play on stage.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
just turned 16. at my drummers surprize b day party. (yea what a present right... surprise! ok now entertain us dammit!) went sorta ok considering i was recovering from being sick and we hadnt practiced in awhile because of that. fluffed a few intros but not too bad, sound was not the best cuz we didnt do a soundcheck even tho it was our pa system and no other bands played, also first time with drum mics. then a few months (and a demo cd) later we opened for my friends band and kicked ass.
18. i played guitar while a friend sang "hello i'm in delaware" by city and color at our awards ceremony. between students, staff, and family, there was probably around 200 people. i kinda have stage fright, so i was shitting bricks.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I was 15 at my school's Battle of the Bands. I ended up playing 6 songs with three different bands, two songs each, and I learnt four of those songs that day. It actually ended up pretty good, one of the bands came in 2nd place. :p Despite the massive stage fright, it felt awesome.
I've never even had a band.

But this other band let me play a few songs with them a few months ago. Played Dance the Night Away and You Shook Me All Night Long for a yacht club.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I used to play in a Christian alt. metal band when I was 13, and we played a 5 song set every Wednesday. Played in my current group, Bind the Sacrifice, in front of 1000+ people for over two hours. Played a few weeks ago in front of about 35 people for our drummers' going away gig (college). I recently became the lead singer so I was nervous as hell. We included a song that I had never practiced and was hard as hell to sing, Metalingus by Alter Bridge. I did okay, actually.

Last edited by ßorn_dead at Sep 5, 2010,
I was 13 and the school band. ~200 people

The first gig I did without a school I was 15 and there were about 20 people.